AT A GLANCE
- Hours: 0.8 -1 FTE
- Status: 12 month term
- Location: Melbourne
WHO WE ARE
The Australian Energy Foundation is leading the way to an equitable zero carbon society. We accelerate the energy transition by empowering communities to take action.
Through our energy expertise, tenacity, and partnerships, we:
- Demonstrate the pathways to a zero carbon society.
- Influence and inspire to build understanding, investment and action.
- Deliver solutions that have a positive impact.
We are practical visionaries; a national for-purpose organisation whose work benefits all Australians.
AEF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We work with a diverse range of people and audiences at AEF. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and other people of colour, people with a disability and people from the LGBTIQ community.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
The purpose of this role is to ensure AEF’s marketing and communications activities engage an increasing number of households, businesses and community organisations in creating an equitable zero carbon society.
The Marketing and Communications Lead will oversee the development and delivery of a cohesive, organisation-wide marketing and communications strategy that will result in people engaging AEF for advice and support to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions. The initial focus will be deepening our engagement with households through effective digital campaigns delivered in partnership with local councils.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Collaborate with team members to determine marketing and communications priorities across AEF’s activities, and develop a strategy to gain engagement and motivate action across key audiences
- Lead implementation of the marketing and communications strategy, including digital, acquisition and leads, media and public relations, product marketing, content and partnerships
- Develop and deliver brand, marketing and communications campaigns and materials for new and existing projects, in partnership with service delivery teams across the organisation, to meet their specific goals
WHAT AN AVERAGE WEEK MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Manage AEF's social media schedule, to increase engagement via inspiring storytelling and compelling graphics
- Prepare collateral for energy education and advice programs
- Work with the CEO to elevate AEF’s profile through public relations and media activities, securing participation in and preparing for industry events and awards
- Work with team members to adapt marketing and communications materials to be accessible across population groups
- Track progress of marketing activities via smart SEO performance and analytics; report on marketing campaigns effectiveness
YOU WILL HAVE:
- Excellent verbal communication skills including the ability to adapt communications to identified need
- Ability to prioritise tasks and to work to deadlines both collaboratively and without direct supervision
- Demonstrated experience in marketing (five years or more), including marketing strategy, brand strategy, campaign design and delivery, content development, data management
- Demonstrated experience with Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, Wordpress, Adobe Suite, CRM (e.g. Zoho), Canva, InDesign
- Experience in delivering projects and campaigns on time, on budget and to a high standard
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
You will be surrounded by people who are driven by our vision of anequitable zero carbon society. In addition to contributing to making the world a better place, you will have access to:
- A versatile work environment with flexible hours and the ability to work from home
- Individual learning and development plans to assist in your career progression
- Additional annual leave options including paid leave over Christmas-New Year and the ability to purchase extra leave
- Pet friendly work environment, with the ability to bring your dog to work
- A Health & Wellbeing Program with access to EAP
If you have any questions about the role, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Marketing and Communications Lead - Australian Energy Foundation enquiry via Ethical Jobs.
A position description is attached with more information.
Applications will be reviewed as received. Only applications that follow the process outlined below will be accepted and considered for interview. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.