- 1 day per week commitment
- Flexible location - can be based anywhere in Victoria
- Assisting with the development, design and implementation of various communication and promotional initiatives.
- Primary responsibility for a quarterly MOW Victoria newsletter, including initial design, sourcing content, and distribution.
- Assisting with the development of promotional, educational and other sector support documentation.
- Assisting with the development of surveys and data collection tools.
- Assisting with the dissemination of relevant information provided by MOWA, government and other related entities
- Create visually impactful, responsive and on-brand content for MOW’s social media channels (Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn). This includes, infographics, graphic, image and video based content
- Assisting with updates, upgrades and enhancements to the MOW Victoria website
Communication with the sector
- Engaging and liaising with MOW Victoria members and service providers via email, video conferencing and phone.
- Feeding back relevant issues raised during the course of communication with members and service providers to the MOW Victorian President.
- Liaising and exchanging ideas with MOWA and other MOW States (WA, SA, NSW, QLD, TAS, ACT) staff and volunteers involved in national and state communications.
- Assisting MOW Victoria personnel with various technological requirements related to cloud file storage and sharing, video conferencing for meetings, and other software related issues.
Skills, Knowledge and Key Attributes
- Exceptional customer service skills, underpinned by a focus and commitment to quality
- Reliability, self-direction, ability to prioritise tasks
- High-level interpersonal skills which encourage participation and cooperation
- Socially agile with excellent communication skills across a broad demographic including grassroots providers, to personnel from all levels of local, state and federal government
- Capacity to acquire and grow a deep understanding of the MOW service model and complexity
- Ability to develop an understanding of relevant legislation, standards and work health and safety systems
- Attention to detail, with good administrative and time management skills and capacity to undertake various projects within tight timeframes
- Capacity to effectively use a range of communication strategies to increase engagement
- Strong sense of social justice and understanding of the role MOW plays in maintaining a person’s dignity and independence
If you would like to enquire further about the position please email Nelson Mathews on firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Communication Officer - Voluntary enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.