- Full-Time, Fixed-Term role (until September 2022)
Multicultural Australia exists to create a welcoming, inclusive, and economically stronger community. This is an agenda shared with many others. Our part is to ensure that new Queenslanders are included, skilled and thriving. We are passionate about promoting positive conversations about inclusion. Multicultural Australia delivers settlement services to refugees, migrants, international students and people seeking asylum in Queensland, while advancing a diverse, inclusive and multicultural community.
Multicultural Australia’s Employment Services team (Welcome Workforce) provides a tailored, person-centred and strengths based approach to equip culturally diverse jobseekers (refugees, people seeking asylum, migrants and international students) with the confidence, understanding and tools needed so they can successfully apply themselves in the Australian job market and gain sustainable and meaningful employment. We also work with Employer Partners to support the recruitment and engagement of culturally diverse staff, and help them recognise and realise the many benefits gained by engaging a diverse multicultural workforce. Through our work we aim to support new arrivals and communities achieve economic and social participation and contribute to a prosperous future for all Queenslanders and the Queensland economy.
What you can expect from this role:
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify, define and secure employment and training opportunities, at scale where possible.
- Communicate employment opportunities actively on a timely basis, ensuring the optimum candidate pool is identified within agreed timelines.
- Coordinate the timely filling of employment opportunities via activities such as detailing role expectations, communication, short-listing, documentation and interviews as required.
- Actively communicate with and support employment candidates as they pursue opportunities, manage onboarding processes as required or provide appropriate support when unsuccessful.
- Actively understand and work to meet the true objectives of stakeholders, in order to drive long-term relationship success.
- Support clients and employers at commencement of employment, and up to 12 months beyond their start date.
- Independently deliver employment-related aspects of funded programs including monitoring service delivery, performance, reporting on key performance indicators and drafting management and Departmental reports as required.
- Meet and achieve organisational KPIs and work plan with the essential focus on a Results Based Accountability framework.
- Manage employer and client records using internal databases, ensuring completeness, accuracy and timely input of data.
- Support the Employment Team as appropriate in preparing clients for employment opportunities, including providing back-up to Employment Inclusion Workers from time to time.
- Liaise with and educate multiple stakeholders (internal, external and partnership relationships) to maintain and grow the foundation for recruitment, training and job placements.
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of Employment team services and process, to deliver customer service effectively, efficiently and professionally.
- Actively promote inclusive and meaningful activities for clients with multiple barriers to employment to effectively create opportunities to maximise social inclusion.
- Ensure work is conducted in accordance with policy and procedures to ensure client privacy, business confidentiality and records are maintained appropriately.
- Apply cultural sensitivity throughout employment case management practices, being aware of practices to be employed for cultural differences and in compliance with Multicultural Australia’s client privacy policies.
- Formulate and draft proposals for funding applications including progressing and supporting documentation for submission.
Please peruse the position description attached below for full details about the role.
What we need from you:
- Demonstrated experience in delivering results-driven employment placement coordination and support to jobseekers and employers, with a particular emphasis on new arrivals to Australia.
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills and a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of issues in relation to the settlement and Australian employment experience of refugees.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and strategically through utilising high level stakeholder negotiation skills (internal and external) in delivering on opportunities for clients and the organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work supportively and collaboratively within a small team.
- Proven ability to develop and lead both in-person and technology-based employment support programs.
- A demonstrated commitment to meeting organisational and team goals outlined in work plans and agreed KPIs according to program priorities and deadlines.
- Experience in leading on specific projects as needed (e.g., focusing on specific client cohorts, coordinating an employment-based program, developing internal systems, managing recruitment drives, etc.), balanced with the ability to work across all aspects of the role as needed.
- Demonstrated values of integrity, resilience, team work and professionalism consistent with Multicultural Australia’s vision.
Qualifications, licences and probity:
- Possession of tertiary qualifications in: Business/Management, Human Resources, Training, Community Services, Social Work, or similar and/or relevant previous experience.
- Valid Queensland Driver’s License.
- Possession of, or willingness and eligibility to obtain a Blue Card (Working with Children Suitability Card in accordance with the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian Act 2000).
- National Police Clearance Check.
Ready for your next challenge?
Submit your application by clicking the Apply Now button.
A position description is attached.
Interested applicants should clear their availability for release with their supervisors prior to applying.
If you have any further enquiries or for a confidential discussion, please contact Carla Zafiriadis, Manager - Employment on 0423 677 816.