Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health (MCWH) is a national, community-based organisation which is led by and for women from immigrant and refugee backgrounds. We are committed to advancing the health and wellbeing of immigrant and refugee women, through our research, leadership, education and advocacy: our experiences, our stories and our voices.
MCWH works together with immigrant and refugee women, community organisations, health practitioners, employers, communities and governments to build and share knowledge, achieve equity and improve health and well-being for immigrant and refugee women.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To support the implementation of MCWH communications strategies and action plans through content development, layout and social media engagement.
- Communications Strategy and Planning
- Communications Activity
- Media Engagement
- General Responsibilities
- Relevant qualifications in communications, marketing or a related field.
- Over 2 years experience in a communications role.
- Good understanding of migrant and refugee women’s health and gender equality from a feminist, intersectional perspective.
- Strong creative and publication skills, including using formatting and design in software such as Canva, Photoshop, and inDesign.
- Familiarity with a range of software, online platforms and social media apps (google docs, Microsoft suite, wordpress, CRMs, Eventbrite/humanitix).
- Experience using social media platforms for a variety of audiences
- Highly developed communication skills, and experience communicating with organisations and individuals of varying backgrounds
- Experience writing for a wide range of audiences including media, policymakers, speakers new to English, and the general community
- Demonstrated experience successfully promoting programs and events.
- Fluency in a relevant community language.
- Victorian drivers licence.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required from time to time
- Rural or interstate travel may be required from time to time
- Hybrid working from home/office arrangement can be negotiated.
PERIOD OF APPOINTMENT
Permanent (part time) appointment, pending successful completion of a 3-month probationary period.
Please note that, in line with the exceptions outlined in the Equal Opportunity Act 2010, Section 28, MCWH prefers to employ women from immigrant and refugee backgrounds. Women from migrant and refugee background are particularly encouraged to apply.
A position description is attached.