- 22.8 hours per week: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
This is a 2-part position incorporating grants research and application as well as financial administration duties:
Financial duties: Maintaining the financial health of the MCCV by administering accounting operations to meet legal requirements and preparing payroll for processing. Responsible for the day-to-day management of financial transactions and procedures and providing financial and administrative support to colleagues, clients and stakeholders of the MCCV.
Grant duties: Responsibilities include planning and implementing grant programs from application to approval stages and performing grant research, grant writing, grant program design and implementation, compliance and grant reporting.
MCCV is an established community-based organisation with over sixty years of experience in providing supports and services to Victoria's Maltese community. The MCCV is an umbrella body for over 20 Maltese Associations operating in Victoria.
Supports and services the MCCV provide to the Maltese Community in Victoria include:
- Community Home Support Program
- Centre Based Respite
- Domestic Assistance
- Cultural and Community Events
- Support to promote and engage with Maltese affiliated associations and the Maltese Community.
- Perform research to identify effective and authentic funding and relevant grant opportunities
- Prioritise projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for grant submissions.
- Maintain up to date database records
- Prepare and submit grant applications within timelines.
- Monitor grant applications from submission to acquittal stages.
- Manage upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities
- Manage invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution and acquittal of grant process
- Prepare financial or budget plans and allocation in accordance with each grant submission.
- Provide detailed reports to the MCCV Executive Committee that provide accurate insight into status of current submissions.
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs
- Maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly records for all grant related activities
- Maintain accurate records for MCCV transactions
- Prepare payroll for processing by the executive.
- Prepare balance sheets
- Process invoices
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Maintain and update internal systems
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Reconcile bank statements
- Track bank deposits and payments as required
- Review and implement financial policies
- Undertake financial tasks as required using MYOB
A position description is attached.