The CHSP Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that Domestic Assistance services are planned and implemented for consumers who are assessed as eligible under the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) guidelines. The Coordinator will work with the consumers and their family members and carers, to identify goals which will enable them to maintain and improve their level of independence and empower them to continue living at home. The Domestic Assistance services will be delivered in the consumer’s home and within the community. The Coordinator will ensure that suitable support staff are engaged and will monitor and review the services making adjustments as required.
This is a 12 month contracted position with 6 month probationary period.
Maltese speaking preferred.
About the role:
- Provide information regarding the services in a clear and friendly manner
- Protect the rights and confidentiality of consumers by ensuring the care provided maintains customer dignity and privacy.
- Complete all internal assessment and reviews with the consumer or their representative in accordance with the CHSP guidelines and scope of the service as managed by the MCCV
- Support the consumer and carer with the implementation of their care plan and ensure service delivery is continually reviewed and redesigned to reflect identified goals and pathways in reaching those goals.
- Undertake OHS assessments and complete checklists at each client’s home.
- Complete all documentation regarding the assessment, planning, service implementation and review for the consumer is in line with MCCV policies and procedures funding guidelines.
- Explain to new clients their rights and responsibilities, prepare and arrange for the agreements to be signed and filed.
- Allocate and arrange the rosters for support staff
- Liaise with contractors
- Client advisory when required
- Working in cooperation with other MCCV Programs/Coordinators
- Participate in regular team meetings and one on one meetings including performance reviews and coaching.
- Record and maintain client records including case notes and conduct regular care plan reviews.
- Ensure optimal service delivery to the consumer, by being abreast of all new CHSP guidelines as well as the MCCV’s policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in the development of internal systems and processes that will facilitate individual choices as reflected in their plans.
- Have a good knowledge of other services in the Northern and Western Metro area that the consumer can be linked in to.
- Utilise the MyAgedCare portal to access all new referrals and manage consumer activity.
- Utilise Data Exchange Portal for data entry of service hours delivered for the purpose of reporting.
- Manage an internal waitlist.
- Ensure that reporting requirements as per organisational policies/procedures and Funding Government Bodies are adhered to.
- Ensure that individual plans are implemented with clearly outlined fees within timeframe.
- Report to Executive Committee as requested, both verbally and in a monthly written report.
- Work collaboratively with other team members, community organisations and service agencies to ensure the best outcome for the consumer.
A position description is attached.