- Part-time up to 20hrs per week
The Maltese Community Council of Victoria (MCCV) is looking to hire part-time Community Support workers to assist Maltese older people in their homes in the Norther and Western Metropolitan regions of Melbourne and also at the Maltese Community Centre in Parkville, as part of their CHSP programs. Social Support-Group, Domestic Assistance and Centre Based Respite include some services where Community Support staff will be required to assist.
12 month contracted position, 6 month probationary period.
Maltese speaking preferred.
About the role:
- Maintain and support the independence of people who are older and those with disabilities.
- Provide personal care as required (Social Support Group, Centre Based Respite).
- Provide Domestic Assistance as outlined in each consumer’s care plan and/or staff task sheet (Domestic Assistance).
- Provide additional support as documented on each consumer’s care plan
- Assist the program Coordinator in planning, developing and preparing activities that are relevant for program and consumer outcomes (Social Support, Centre Based Respite).
- Support consumer physical and emotional health and wellbeing in an appropriate manner whilst participating in programs
- Monitor the health and wellbeing of consumers utilising services and report any concerns to the Coordinator.
A position description is attached.