- Location: Melbourne
- Salary: $59,072 p.a. starting salary (Note that as Market Forces is a Friends of the Earth Australia Affiliate, this position will be a Friends of the Earth Australia employee).
- Term: Four days per week to December 2021 with a view to renewal dependent on performance.
- Position reports to: Market Forces Executive Director
Key attributes required:
- Passion for protecting the environment and solving the climate crisis.
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate and deliver complex projects on time and budget.
- Ability to manage competing interests and goals.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Experience in organisational administration and data management.
- Experience in reporting to and ensuring compliance with regulatory authorities.
- Experience in managing staff desirable.
The Operations Manager will ensure:
- Staff, teams, projects and campaigns are well managed and coordinated, maximising efficiency from our team members.
- Market Forces’ workspaces are kept in good order and facilitate our regular business, as well as any events we may host.
- Market Forces is compliant in all its obligations to Friends of the Earth Australia, the Market Forces board, and any relevant regulatory bodies.
- Effective communication takes place between Market Forces and Friends of the Earth Australia in relation to financial administration and other operational matters.
- Market Forces maintains accurate and up to date financial records for the purposes of informing Market Forces’ management and board.
Logistics and expenses
Our main office is in Melbourne but the potential for this role to be conducted remotely means we invite applicants from around Australia. Market Forces is supporting its staff to work from home during COVID-19 restrictions and this will extend to the successful applicant.