- Location: Melbourne
- Salary: $85,000 p.a. pro-rata.
- Term: Full time to December 2022 with a view to renewal dependent on performance and funding availability. We will consider candidates seeking to work four days per week.
- Position reports to: Research Coordinator
SUMMARY OF KEY TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Monitor, review, analyse and understand the financial position and strategy (including key risks and opportunities) of publicly listed Australian and overseas companies and projects,
- Periodically produce, update and deliver detailed briefings and advisories on these companies to individuals and groups seeking to improve corporate behaviour,
- Represent Market Forces in meetings with stakeholders, campaign targets and to public audiences directly and via media channels,
- Peer review and quality control research being delivered to internal and external groups.
SELECTION CRITERIA (essential):
- Is passionate about environmental issues and is motivated by the desire to create positive change for the environment from the financial and corporate sectors.
- Has a background in financial analysis (candidates with experience analysing energy and resources companies are highly encouraged to apply)
- Has experience working in a campaigning / non-government organisation context.
- Is analytical and curious by nature.
- Is able to work independently.
SELECTION CRITERIA (desirable):
- Experience using financial and research platforms such as Refinitiv Eikon, Bloomberg Professional and/or IJGlobal.
- A background in commerce, business, economics or finance.
LOGISTICS AND EXPENSES
Our main office is in Melbourne but the potential for this role to be conducted remotely means we invite applicants from around Australia. Market Forces is supporting its staff to work from home during COVID-19 restrictions and this will extend to the successful applicant.
Market Forces will cover costs incurred as a result of campaign work (e.g. travel, accommodation) but costs are to always be agreed beforehand with the Executive Director or Research Coordinator.