Mahboba’s Promise is an Australian non-profit organisation dedicated to providing a sustainable future to vulnerable women and children in Afghanistan. Over the past twenty-two years, Mahboba’s Promise has adhered to the values of compassion and integrity to empower women and children to make a lasting difference in their own lives. We have established schools, shelters and health clinics across Afghanistan and provide sponsorships for girls’ education, widows, and orphans. Our work has also expanded to supporting women and children from Refugee and Migrant backgrounds in Sydney through educational support programs, up-skilling and various mental health based projects.
With an established donor and sponsor base of mainly individuals, we are now ready to take the next step and grow and expand our base to the government and corporate sectors, as well as significantly expand our individual donor base. As such an opportunity for an experienced, hands-on, Marketing and Communications Manager has arisen to help drive the organisation forward, growing our sponsorship base across industry sectors and leading the organisation in terms of marketing strategy. We have a target of achieving 3M$ yearly revenue within 3 years. We are looking for a dynamic, agile, self-driven individual who is not afraid to take initiative and can effectively research and generate business building opportunities with prospective sponsors – both in B2B and B2C channels.
This is an exciting opportunity for a generalist marketer with experience across all major marketing functions (including website, analytics, email, content and social) to join our dynamic team based in Marsfield. With the freedom and room to grow and develop the marketing function from the foundation up, we are looking for an ambitious self-starter to make a real impact for a worthy cause
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute a growth focussed annual marketing plan as well as the longer-term strategic vision of marketing within the business
- Strategic development of the marketing foundation within the organisation to include a functional and cohesive mar-tech stack which is scalable to accommodate future growth
- Work closely with the General Manager to achieve the organisation’s growth goals
- Full ownership of the marketing platforms, channels, strategy and output
- Marketing strategy budget management and revenue achievement
- Lead customer engagement initiatives including defining strategies for key touchpoints
- Ownership of lead generation, online conversion, nurture, re-engagement and overall performance of marketing initiatives
- Create and execute targeted end-to-end campaigns, measurement, optimisation to drive growth for the business
- Drive ongoing efficiency and improvements in campaigns to optimise effectiveness and conversion over time
- Provide regular up-to-date campaign reporting and develop actionable insights to continually improve the various channels and campaigns
- Analysis of campaign results including providing recommendations and insights to develop lifecycle and retention strategies
- Drive major marketing and communications campaigns internally and externally; including brochures, social media posts, banners, videos, press releases, and content writing
- Manage existing and future Marketing volunteers
Personal Skills & Experience:
- Ideally 5+ years experience in marketing and communications
- Relevant tertiary qualifications i.e. Marketing, Business, eCommerce, Digital
- A solid understanding of acquisition strategies and online methodologies with proven growth success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyse information and make decisions
- Strong project management skills
- Strong management skills with the ability to work well with others
- Proven track record of successfully implementing and managing marketing strategies to achieve revenue targets
- Self-starter, ambitious, disciplined, talented individual skilled at both strategic and tactical execution and not afraid to get their hands dirty
- Internal and external stakeholder management
- Experience with WordPress (CMS), Mailchimp (Email), Google Analytics, Salesforce CRM, Adobe Creative Suite or similar platforms highly desirable
- A passion for human rights causes
Please see the Position Description here. You can also find it attached in the supporting documents section.
This position has a compensation of $80,000-$100,000 including super pro rata'd to 3 days.
Australian Permanent Residency is a Requirement to be Considered for this Opportunity.