About the role
The Paralegal will assist MacKillop's General Counsel to deliver legal services across MacKillop as well as general administration across the functions of the Office of General Counsel. The Paralegal will be responsible for the central coordination and management of MacKillop's legal requests, from initial engagement with internal and external stakeholders to drafting documents and assisting with matters relating to management, contract management and committee and working group papers. This hands-on role will require the Paralegal to be proactive, take initiative and manage a wide scope of responsibility across the Office of General Counsel.
This role will primarily be based in South Melbourne, however some travel may be required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of or progress towards a qualification in legal services or law desirable, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience working as a Paralegal, preferably within a corporate or not-for-profit organisation.
- In-house experience preferred, but not essential.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative.
- Ability to flexibly manage competing priorities and stressful situations, in a complex and deadline driven environment.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise work within expectations and established guidelines and procedures.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Analytical and solutions focussed with the ability to think strategically and in the best interests of the organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and written and oral communication skills (including public speaking, presentation and report writing).
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Ability to provide customer solutions and positively resolve issues while maintaining diplomacy, patience, tact, and sensitivity.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (intermediate.)
Position Description: Please click here for a copy of the position description.
Benefits on offer
- Generous Salary Packaging of up to $15,900 (additional tax-free allowance.)
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Program to support your wellbeing.
You must have a:
- Valid and current Driver's Licence.
- Satisfactory Criminal History Check.
- Valid Working with Children Check.