The Caseworker will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and values and an awareness of the current issues faced by Aboriginal children, young people and their families
- A tertiary qualification in social work or relevant field
- Demonstrated experience in casework practice preferably in Out-of-Home-Care
- Proven ability to relate to and work with children and young people with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Understanding of Out-of-Home-Care and Permanency Support policy, standards and quality frameworks
- Experience in carer recruitment and support; or the capacity to develop these skills
- Demonstrated capacity to develop collaborative relationships across professional and organisational boundaries
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise work
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret and implement organisational policy
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Current First Aid Certificate
Benefits on offer:
- Generous Salary Packaging of up to $15,900 (additional tax free allowance)
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
You must have a:
- Valid and current Driver’s Licence
- Satisfactory Criminal History Check
- Valid Working with Children Check
How to Apply:
For more information, please contact Karen Gaudoin on Karen.Gaudoin@mackillop.org.au using the subject line: Case Worker enquiry via EthicalJobs.
MacKillop promotes diversity and equal opportunity in employment and is committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
It is essential that applicants hold a valid state appropriate driver's licence and working rights to work in Australia. Applicants must also hold or be eligible to hold a valid state appropriate Working With Children Check. Police Checks also form part of MacKillop's recruitment process.
MacKillop Family Services acknowledges the Traditional Custodians and their Elders in each of the communities where we work.