- Full-time Fixed Term Contract
- Base Salary Package starting at $63,964
- Total Effective Package: $71,454 (inclusive of leave loading and superannuation)
- Recruiting for multiple positions in remote locations
MacDonnell Regional Council
MRC was established in 2008 and its area covers our 13 major remote communities as well as many outstations. MRC employs over 500 staff, 370 of whom are the local Aboriginal staff.
MRC's vision is "many voices, one dream, building a quality desert lifestyle" and our mission is "to improve the lives of Council residents by delivering valued and relevant services".
The Youth Engagement Officer supports the delivery of youth service programs within a community. This includes designing and delivering programs targeted towards young people aged 5-25 years old. The Youth Engagement Officer looks to build positive relationships with young people and the community including internal and external stakeholders. MacDonnell Regional Council's Youth Services (MacYouth) is looking for someone that possess drive, commitment, strong work ethic, who is a natural role model for young people. To succeed in this role you must have positive attitude with strong communication, experience working with young people, and a willingness to learn.
- Design, delivery and evaluation of child, youth and gender-specific programming
- Identify target children and youth at risk; provide intensive case management for Youth Services clients, including support for school enrolment, court-ordered Youth Diversion, family support and referrals to and from other organisations
- Support the development of Youth Services staff through regular supervision, line management, and mentoring. Contribute towards building the capacity of local indigenous staff to create pathways for individual progression
- Participate in performance management processes as requested
- Assist in the completion of Youth Services administration requirements, including monthly reports, staff timesheets and internal correspondence
- Engage in building positive community stakeholder relationships with key identified stakeholders
- Undertake regular collaboration with Youth Boards, Local Authorities, and other community-based organisations to ensure that Youth Services programs are responsive to community needs
- Assist with the ongoing maintenance and management of Youth Services facilities, vehicles and resources
- Maintain a safe working environment through the ongoing implementation of MacDonnell Regional Council's policies and procedures and Workplace Health and Safety legislation
- Develop and implement self-care procedures to support and sustain employee wellbeing
- Undertake training related to your role as reasonably required
- Embrace and demonstrate the values of the Council in all work tasks
- Abide by the Employee Code of Conduct and the MRC Enterprise Agreement
- Any other reasonable duties as requested
Skills and Experience:
- Certificate 4 level qualifications in Youth, Sport and Recreation, Community Development or equivalent work experience
- Experience in the delivery of youth-specific programming
- Experience in data collection and producing reports
- Current NT Driver's License
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Ability to obtain an Ochre Card
- Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally and linguistically diverse environment
- This position may be gender-specific; a key component of the role involves the delivery of gender-specific programming
MRC is a culturally diverse organisation with an emphasis on celebrating Aboriginal culture and ways of living. Joining MRC will mean that you work as part of a team to advance the lives of residents and will be rewarded with diverse and challenging work that supports individual career growth.
- 6 weeks annual leave and generous personal, study and cultural leave
- Up to 3% additional Employer Super Contribution
- Remote Salary packaging
- 9.5% Youth Services loading
- Subsidised housing
- Relocation allowance avaliable
Under MacDonnell Regional Council's Special Measures Scheme, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for this position and will be preferenced in the selection process if they meet all the essential selection criteria and are suitable at the position level.
This is an incredible opportunity to live and work in Central Australia.
For further information contact Zandy Marcus - Coordinator Youth - by phoning (08) 8958 9600.
Applications close by the date listed or when a successful candidate is found.
To apply for this job click on Apply Now & enter ref code: 5202824.