Seeking a true HR Generalist to join the LUSH team as a Business Partner!
We are looking for a People Support Business Partner to become a driver of action within the People Support team. An expert in employment law and award compliance, this role plays a vital part in ensuring ongoing best practice in treating our employees legally and ethically.
The People Support Business Partner drives forward key projects within the team, working alongside the People Support Manager to identify areas of opportunity to address business priorities. This role provides essential flexibility to the department, acting as a true generalist in addressing the organisational HR needs.
Working from home arrangements may be proportionally flexible dependent on business requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all Australian & New Zealand employment law, assessing the current framework and developing safeguards to protect the business.
- Effectively manage people-related risks and ensure prompt resolution and effective communication with key stakeholders.
- Coach and develop leaders in the business to ensure compliance flows through all areas and departments in Lush.
- Work alongside the People Support Advisors and Coordinators to address any pressing HR needs, enabling the business to be responsive and flexible to the current priorities.
- Drive key people projects forward, using expertise from across the business, which addresses the needs of key stakeholders.
- Act as a support to the People Support Manager in assessing the areas of opportunity for the business and developing plans to address these.
- Monitor developments in the legislative arena and assess their impact on the Lush business, addressing any compliance needs as a matter of urgency.
- Assess the current compliance framework and develop, apply and monitor further techniques to ensure ongoing compliance
- Act as a coach to others in the business on both legal compliance, and best practice, maintaining an ethical, people-centric focus.
- Carry out periodic reviews of contracts and advise on changes needed to terms of employment.
- As appropriate, ensure compliance with applicable Privacy legislation and regulations.
- Assist in the creation and review of policies across the business.
- Other responsibilities as needed from time to time - we work as a team!
Our Perfect Match
- Has qualifications in relevant areas, such as Human Resources, Psychology or Law, or comparable experience.
- Has previous experience in both Employee Relations (ER) and Industrial Relations (IR).
- Works collaboratively with other departments and with the team to ensure needs are met whilst highlighting any upcoming opportunities or threats to the business.
- Is an exceptional communicator, with an ability to coach individuals at all levels of an organisation.
- Has a thorough understanding of Modern Awards and their practical application.
- Has an Understanding of, and ensures compliance with, relevant Australian & New Zealand employment legislation within the workplace.
- Leads by example and upholds the principles they advocate for, whether this be reporting compliance issues or advocating for the ethical treatment of all employees.
- Conducts themselves professionally in communication with internal and external personnel, valuing the integrity of all individuals, and maintains trust and confidentiality.
- Works as an individual and part of a team to reach company and department goals. Time manages and prioritises tasks to suit the needs of the business.
- Has attention to detail and shows care with all tasks related to the role and other areas that impact the security and confidentiality of the staff and company in general.
- Has a strong ethical compass and is passionate about our brand values and beliefs.
Who are we?
LUSH is a global manufacturer and retailer of fresh handmade cosmetics. We are known for our unique bath and beauty products, personalised customer service, in-store activism and fun shop atmosphere. LUSH is a campaigning company, working across human rights, environmental protection and animal welfare. We are dedicated to the practices of fair trade sourcing and supporting sustainable communities as well as giving back to organisations that can make a difference through our Charity Pot Program.
- A supportive team environment where your input and opinion is valued.
- A progressive work environment that celebrates diversity.
- Paid birthday leave.
- A generous discount on LUSH products keep you smelling and feeling fresh.
- A welcome pack of LUSH products and eco-friendly goodies.
- Company-sponsored Employee Assistance Program with free access to psychological, financial, legal and dietary advice.
Does this sound like the perfect role for you? If so, please apply by following the link below.
At LUSH, we believe that by fostering a culture of inclusion and respect, we are doing our part in building a world where there is equal opportunity for all. Having a diverse workforce that represents our wider community is very important to us and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal Australian and Torres Strait Islander candidates, candidates from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQIA+ candidates, candidates with disabilities, and all ages and genders.