- 20 hours per week
- Support families in a new premise
- Have additional ‘wellbeing’ days off
- Work across a flexible 7 day roster
- Increase your take home pay with salary packaging.
About Lives Lived Well
At Lives Lived Well, we help people impacted by drugs or alcohol as well as mental health. We get lives back on track by delivering a wide range of programs and services (including residential rehab) across 40 locations in Queensland and New South Wales.
About the Role
As a Support Worker you will provide support to parents who are receiving residential alcohol and drug support at our Logan House Family Recovery Units. These units accommodate both parents and their young children.
In this position you will be guided by your Team Leader to support and monitor the activities of the client through relationship building, day-to-day care and consideration of service planning goals.
You will be required to work 20 hours (worked across 5 shifts of 4-5 hours including evening and weekend shifts) per week on a 7 day rotating roster.
The role will also include:
- Facilitate transport, outings and family support that aligns with service planning and goals.
- Prioritise rapport and relationship with the families in assisting the delivery of an experience that incorporates safe practice in safe spaces.
- Align service planning and goals with the day-to-day practical application of families behavioural expectations.
The successful candidate will need:
- Able to easily engage with a diverse and complex client group, particularly families with children.
- Able to mediate, resolve conflict and deal with behavioural issues in a respectful and non-judgmental manner.
- Understand issues relating to misuse of alcohol and other drugs and mental health in family and social environments.
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- Previous experience working in a family recoveries or residential service (desirable)
- Hold tertiary qualifications within social work or similar field (desirable)
What do we offer
At Lives Lived Well we want to support the wellbeing of our people.
We will provide you with:
- Additional Wellbeing days off
- Salary Packaging (Increase your take home pay)
- Both Internal and External Training Opportunities to increase your skills
- Flexible work arrangements would be considered
A Position Description is attached.