We are excited to be looking at expanding our team at LIVEfree PROJECT with people who align with our vision, values and culture. We are a grassroots organisation that is growing daily and we've secured funding to meet our increasing client and community needs.
We have multiple roles available for contract, casual and part time employment. This role will be working with vulnerable people who are affected by family violence, substance abuse, mental health issues, disabilities, poverty and hardship.
Required qualifications and experience
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work or a related field such as Community Services, Psychology, Chaplaincy, Youth Work or Pastoral Care.
- And/or a relevant tertiary qualification in Education, Teachers Aid, Childcare or health.
- And/or relevant work experience (paid or unpaid) in the community service sector or in caring for people effected by family violence, mental health issues, homelessness, disabilities, addiction and financial hardship.
- Due to the vulnerable people we work with, it is required for all applicants to be double vaccinated against COVID-19.
We are looking for people who:
- Have a heart for community work and supporting with people with complex needs - including families affected by violence, mental health issues, homelessness, disabilities, addiction and financial hardship.
- Great at connecting and building relationship with people.
- Demonstrate empathy to those in hardship and struggling with life issues.
- Able to extend their compassion and care to people with a non-judgemental attitude.
- Focused on the care of people, understand confidentiality, safety and the need to be integrous with their engagements with clients.
- Creative thinkers – who work within a strengths-based practise.
- Flexible with an understanding of the activities that need to be performed.
- People who have initiative and problems solving skills when implementing procedures and referring to resources.
- Will collaborate with clients to create plans and activities that will support their needs within established organisational procedures.
- Provide interventions that improves the outcomes of the family, particularly the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
- Fulfil program data collection requirements, case notes and administration duties.
- Able to work independently at times and within a multi-disciplined team.
Click the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions.
If you have any questions about the application, please contact our Director on: 0412429193