Senior Aboriginal Liaison Officer- Broome and Kimberley
The aim of this position is to support Lions Outback Vision to continually improve services and access to eye care for Indigenous patients throughout the Broome and Kimberley regions.
Assisting with referrals, treatments and follow up care, this position will liaise with visiting Optometrists, Outreach Ophthalmology services and regional and remote health care services.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- Liaise with visiting optometrists, local health teams, ophthalmologists and other health care professionals to coordinate the planning and scheduling of patient appointments to assure timely delivery of services for Aboriginal patients in all areas of Lions Outback Vision operations.
- Enabling pathways for local referrals and patient reporting, working on a case by case basis to ensure that identified at risk patients do not fall through the system.
- Supporting the coordination of logistical support for Aboriginal patients attending clinical appointments, assisting in answering any questions concerning procedures, and communicating with other health care professionals to ensure follow up appointments are booked.
- Maintaining health care networks, contribute and facilitate forums and steering groups to assist with local Aboriginal eye health program development.
- Working with the eye health team to support patient assessment and triaging for Aboriginal patients.
- Identifies as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Previous patient support coordination experience in Aboriginal health
- Current C class WA driver’s license
- Current working with Children check and National Police check
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to manage client records
- Report writing
- High level interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to engage with stakeholders to ensure the continuation of the programs.
Lions Eye Institute considers that being Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for this position under Section 50D of the Equal Opportunity act 1984(WA)
For further information contact Kerry Woods on (08) 9381 0801 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Senior Aboriginal Liaison Officer - Broome and Kimberley enquiry via EthicalJobs.