About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
The Team Leader demonstrates organisational and leadership skills in the coordination of services to assist our customers. The position is focused upon ensuring that the individual needs of customers residing in Supported Independent Living are met, whilst maintaining an efficient and safe working environment for staff. Previous experience in supported accommodation or Supported Independent Living will be highly regarded.
- Coordination and management of the daily operations of the relevant programs.
- Provide services in accordance with funding agency standards and agreements.
- Development and maintenance of positive relationships with all stakeholders, including families.
- Implement high quality care plans or Individual Plan and ensure customers have key worker as per LWB policy.
- Provide supervision and support to direct reports.
- Build a positive team environment through the demonstration of good communication and interpersonal skills and appropriate peer support.
- Model appropriate conflict resolution, communication and positive behaviour management skills.
Skills & Experience
- Diploma in relevant Social & Community Services qualification.
- Demonstrated experience of working in a leadership/management role in a human services organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in working with individuals, families and/or groups from a strength-based culturally appropriate perspective.
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of dignity, respect, inclusion empowerment, confidentiality and strength-based practice.
- Strong coordination, leadership and peer support skills.
- Ability to think creatively and use initiative, to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong written and computer skills for the creation of plans, programs, reports, correspondence and other documents.
- Established problem solving and conflict management skills.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and hold Tasmanian Working with Vulnerable People Registration.
- Make a difference to your local community
- Tax benefits through salary packaging
- Monthly rostered day off
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here.