About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Due to growth, we are a seeking an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic Senior Support Worker to work across multiple Supported Independent Living homes based in Adelaide. This is a permanent full-time position working Monday - Friday.
The responsibility of the Senior Support Worker is to demonstrate leadership and mentoring to assist the teams to provide support to people who live in these homes to achieve positive outcomes.
In this role you will also actively support their individual needs, supporting and promoting their skills and abilities, providing support with activities of daily living and developing, implementing and monitoring their Individual Plan.
- Provide role modelling and on the job support and supervision to Support Workers to ensure a consistent approach to the day to day care of clients.
- Build a positive team environment by demonstrating of best practice support of clients, proactive interpersonal skills and peer support.
- Monitor the changing needs of clients and provide information and contribute to the adaptation of LWB services as required to meet these needs.
- Support the person to increase their skills, independence, personal growth and development through the provision of active support and their enhanced participation as a valued member of their community.
- Establish rapport and collaborate effectively with the client and their families to achieve positive outcomes for clients.
- Support other team members to fulfil documentation and reporting requirements regularly and accurately.
- Model conflict resolution and positive behaviour management skills.
- Maintain a supportive and safe working environment.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in the health or community services field (preferably disabilities) and/or relevant experience.
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate.
- Current unrestricted Driver Licence.
- The ability to fulfil the requirements of the Key Worker role.
- Demonstrated leadership and peer support, problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Commitment to the values of dignity, respect, inclusion, empowerment, confidentiality and strength-based practice.
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply the objects and principles of the Disability Services Act (2006).
- Ability to use initiative and to work both individually in supporting service users and as part of a team.
- Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Attractive Remuneration Package with excellent tax benefits
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts.
For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Manon at email@example.com, using the subject line: Senior Support Worker - Residential enquiry via EthicalJobs.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.