About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for you to make a positive change in the lives of People with a Disability. Working in partnerships with teams, you will provide cultural guidance, practice and direction for employees within the Disability Program.
You will demonstrate leadership in the implementation of safeguarding practices across Disability services and you will be responsible for ensuring effective support and coaching is provided to employees regarding strategies for clients who are assessed as having complex needs.
- Provide leadership and best practice in the implementation, monitoring and review of restrictive practices.
- Lead evidence informed practice and complete research projects resulting in improved practice across the services.
- Support and provide practice guidance, training and coaching to frontline staff and managers, especially those supporting participants who are assessed as having complex needs and / or behavioural presentation.
- Provide leadership, guidance and supervision to direct team members.
- Provide training, on-the-job coaching and mentoring to staff, to assist with development of skills, knowledge and capabilities.
- Understand and support processes to be compliant with legislative reporting and compliance requirements.
- Provide strategic risk management advice on emerging changes within the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) environment.
- Complete reports for both internal and external stakeholders, referring to analysed data where appropriate.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Human Services, Social Sciences, Psychology or related field.
- Experience in completing functional behavioural assessments and developing behaviour support plans.
- Experience in senior leadership resulting in demonstrated outcomes related to business plans and improved services.
- Demonstrated experience in managing competing priorities and to deliver outcomes within agreed timeframes and quality standards.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders including peers, employees, external organisations, funding bodies and government agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide advice, support, coaching, mentoring and training to managers and staff, in particular in Person Centred Active Support (PCAS), Restrictive Practice (RP), Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) and Commonwealth Continuity of Support (CoS).
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the safeguarding requirements of the National Disability Insurance agency.
- The ability to influence and work collaboratively with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written communication skills for the creation of reports, correspondence and other material.
- Strong verbal communication skills and presentation ability.
- Proficient ability in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s Largest Social Purpose Organisations
- Salary Packaging Options + Novated Leasing
- Exclusive LWB Employee Benefits
- Excellent Career Development Opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Senior Practitioner - Disability enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications are continuously reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA).