About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Permanent full time opportunity based in Darwin (Winnellie) to partner with the Client Services teams through the Northern Territory to provide HR advice and generalist support.
- Partner with regional and local management to achieve their business and leadership objectives by providing support and assistance with HR planning and strategy
- Provide advice, support and coaching to leaders on a range of complex and sensitive IR or HR issues
- Respond to and support issues as they arise relating to complaints, grievances and performance issues
- Maintain productive working relationships with key stakeholders
- Respond to general HR queries
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources
- Strong experience as an HR generalist and experience in IR and ER
- Understanding of the Australian Industrial Relations System and EEO practices and principles as they apply within the Territory
- Demonstrated ability to develop business partnerships with all levels and in geographically dispersed locations
- Solution focused with strong influencing skills
- Experience working in a fluid and changing environment
- Ability to manage competing priorities
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Excellent salary packaging benefits and monthly rostered days off
- National People, Safety and Culture team of 90 +