- Work for a Leading Social Purpose Organisation
- 12 month contract, full time hours (Monday to Friday) contract likely to extend
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of over 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
We are seeking a Roster Officer to join our dedicated Disability team based in our metro office on a full time max term contract for 12 months.
In this role, you will oversee the staffing rosters for both our supported accommodation and community access clients. The Roster Officer will be pivotal in assisting the leadership team to look at workforce planning, recruitment and matching of appropriate staff to clients. To succeed in this role you will understand the Modern Award system and how it applies to our employees.
- Liaising with clients and internal staff to schedule services for clients and update staff rosters as needed
- Manage staffing schedules to keep within budget KPI’s
- Promote and maintain excellent client relations by responding promptly and accurately to queries
- Build and maintain relationships with staff within the disability program
- Identify and develop community resources that can be used by clients being supported
- Develop, implement, and maintain improvements to team processes.
Skills & Experience
- An understanding of Modern Awards e.g. Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHADS) Award
- Demonstrated experience in staff rostering, administration and data entry experience
- An understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Excellent time management and organisation skills with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Committed to consistently producing high quality work with high attention to detail
- Understanding of workforce management principles, HSE, awards, NDIA plans and roster optimisation
- Ability to work collaboratively and in partnership with a range of stakeholders to optimise a best fit workforce for customers
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and ability to quickly understand and navigate IT systems
- Constructive problem solving skills
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check.
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, please indicate what type of shifts you would prefer.
Click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com, using the subject line: Roster Officer - Leederville enquiry via EthicalJobs.