About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Reporting to the Quality Business Partner the Quality Assurance Practitioner is a member of the New South Wales Disability & Aged Care Quality team which is part of the national Practice and Quality business area. The position plays a key role in identifying and targeting areas for practice improvement in partnership with Client Services to promote best practice in service delivery. This is a permanent full time position, this role can be based in either our Newcastle, Rockdale or Wollongong offices.
- Build and maintain positive and professional working relationships with corporate business areas, Client Services and other key stakeholders and partners
- Develop, implement and monitor continuous improvement plans
- Assist in the development of policies, procedures, practice improvements and tools
- Train, coach, mentor and support Client Services staff to understand and be able to implement policy and procedure requirements into their practice to ensure positive outcomes for clients and meet the required practice standards
- Provide advice and support to Client Services staff to support the consistent application and implementation of legislation, standards, contracts and LWB policy and procedure requirements
- Coordinate and undertake internal audits in accordance with the Internal Audit Program
- Contribute to the process for renewing/gaining accreditation/licensing
- Undertake root cause analysis to identify opportunities for improvement and practice development
- Facilitate reflective practice processes with Client Services staff
- Maintain a current knowledge of changes to legislation, practice standards and customer requirements
- Keep abreast of best practice and emerging trends and interpretations of legislative/regulatory requirements that may impact LWB’s business and quality assurance strategies
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Behavioural Science/s or other relevant experience/qualifications
- Practice experience in the Human and Community Services sector
- Understanding of the regulatory and compliance frameworks and standards that are relevant to the Disability and Aged Care in NSW
- Experience providing best practice quality assurance, against established standards
- Experience working collaboratively and developing rapport with operational areas, working across an organisation to assist in the implementation of organisational change
- Experience implementing a Quality Management System
- Experience developing policies, procedures and other process documents, including experience in producing high quality work with an attention to detail
- Experience in managing content and supporting staff in the use of Microsoft SharePoint
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team under significant pressure and meeting hard deadlines
- Effective time management and organisational skills, well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in auditing and accreditation processes
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Join one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Salary packaging and monthly RDO
- Work with skilled professionals to enhance the lives of the people we support
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA).