About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Full time contract until June 2021. This is a Program Management opportunity, within our National Immigration Support Services (NISS) team in Epping.
- Develop, lead and manage NISS teams in Epping and take active steps to inspire and grow our people.
- Ensure direct reports practice in a way that is in line/aligned with LWB evidence-based practice standards.
- Ensure that the program is compliant with all expectations of the funding body including meeting key performance indicators, adhering to internal policies and holding team members to account.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed within designated timeframes, is of a high professional standard and meets legislative and organisational requirements.
- Ensure delivery of program services in accordance with program budgets, business plans and in line with client needs and plans.
- Ensure culturally appropriate client engagement principles and processes are applied to ensure the voice of the client is heard and reflected in case coordination practice and activities.
- Lead with agility, embrace changes and innovate to create new possibilities.
- Develop and maintain operational and administrative systems and procedures to support the effective management of all programs.
- Promote and maintain positive relationships with a multidisciplinary team.
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate and act in ways that are consistent with Life Without Barriers Values of Responsive, Imaginative, Courageous, Respectful and Relationships.
- Provide an environment free of abuse, harm and exploitation for people we support.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Human Services or related discipline.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Demonstrated experience of working in a leadership/management role in a human services organisation.
- Demonstrated experience working autonomously and in a collaborative manner as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated experience in managing competing priorities and to deliver high-quality outcomes within agreed timeframes.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a dynamic, high volume work environment.
- Experience in working with people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
- Demonstrated understanding of current practices for refugee, asylum seeker and CALD clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed analytical skills and the ability to apply these skills in case coordination.
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Monthly rostered days off and salary sacrificing
- Career progression opportunities and training provided
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply Now’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Program Manager - Epping enquiry via EthicalJobs.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)