- 6 Month Max Term, Full Time
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Child, Youth and Family (CYF) Program
LWB delivers a range of services for children, young people and their families, throughout Australia. We use Cornell University’s Children and Residential Experience (CARE) model of practice to guide our work. Through ongoing training and support we use this model of practice to equip carers and staff to support children in a way that creates conditions for positive change.
About the role
The Practice and Programs Specialist (PPS) will support our CYF Teams across Western Auastralia. The PPS will play a key role in improving client outcomes by implementing organisational program initiatives and providing practice support and working with the clinical team to ensure CARE informed, positive client outcomes.
The PPS will work collaboratively across our Foster Care, Residential Care and Clinical Services to identify target areas for practice improvement and to implement organisational program initiatives to achieve improved outcomes for our clients and in partnership with the Regional Director to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, service standards and LWB policy and procedures.
This is a full-time, 6 month max term contract based from our Leederville office.
- Work in partnership with clinicians and service delivery teams to implement and promote best practice in service delivery.
- Provide and co-ordinate coaching, mentoring, workplace learning opportunities and formal training designed to facilitate the implementation of evidence-based approaches, such as Person-Centred Care, Recovery Framework and Wellness and Reablement.
- Use direct operational experience to review implications of new practice approaches to existing policy and procedure frameworks and develop revised processes and associated documentation accordingly.
- Develop project plans to support implementation of continuous improvement strategies, including risk identification and mitigation and prepare Project Status reports as required.
- Report risks, poor practice and non-compliance with LWB policy and procedure and legislation, including work cooperatively with other Practice and Programs Specialists to share resources and facilitate consistency of practice across the state.
- Support service user participation and engagement with evaluation, design and delivery of LWB services in line with our client engagement and participation framework.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Human Services or Social Sciences.
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training (desirable)
- Expert knowledge and experience in the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of client support services in one or more of the following sectors: Disability Services, Mental Health or Aged Care.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership within own area of expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement processes and systems to improve services.
- Demonstrated ability to provide advice, support, coaching, mentoring and training to managers and staff.
- Ability to use initiative and think laterally and strategically.
- A sound understanding of the funding arrangements, legislation and standards of practice that apply to programs and services provided by LWB.
- Current Driver Licence.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Attractive remuneration package with excellent tax benefits
- Mobile phone, laptop and monthly Roster Day Off
- Diverse and Inclusive organisation
- Flexible working arrangements
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Practice and Programs Specialist - Leederville enquiry via EthicalJobs.