- 12-month, full time positions based in Unley & Whyalla or Port Augusta
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
We are looking for two experienced Behaviour Support Practitioner with a qualification in allied health (Psychology, Developmental Education, Social Work or equivalent) to join our growing multi-disciplinary clinical team at Life Without Barriers. Our team works in collaboration with participants and their support people to develop high quality, effective and person-centred services that meet individual needs and improve quality of life.
The focus of this role is to develop and implement behaviour support services within the NDIS environment which includes functional behaviour assessments, behaviour support plans, implementation and reviews.
We are searching for a team member who:
- Has well-developed report writing, communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys helping others to understand positive behaviour support and the key role it plays in achieving positive outcomes
- Likes to keep informed of best practice developments and keen to incorporate into practice
- Is committed to upholding the rights of people with a disability as prescribed in the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Is imaginative and open to new ideas and ways of doing things, and courageous in their convictions (we encourage people to stand up for what they believe in!)
- Conduct respectful and responsive behavioural assessments (including data collation and analysis)
- Provide positive behaviour support services that are timely, efficient and effective, ensuring they meet the goals identified by the client and their support network.
- Develop, implement, monitor and review positive behaviour support plans and strategies to enable consistency of support and ensure long term positive outcomes.
- Provide evidence-based clinical knowledge, expertise and support to clients and their stakeholders
- Identify and be part of staff training and coaching as it relates to supporting participants with complex needs and behaviours.
- Build strong relationships with team members and be actively involved in reflective practice and supervision activities.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in allied health (Psychology, Developmental Education, Social Work, Speech pathology, Occupational Therapy or other or other health profession with a professional registration requirement in the relevant profession; or equivalent experience that meets the requirements of the NDIS PBS Capability Framework).
- Demonstrated experience in working with people with disability and their support staff/ families.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing and planning intervention for clients who exhibit a range of behaviours of concern especially high-risk behaviours.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing person-centred interventions.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience working in a culturally sensitive manner with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and a willingness to work and train in culturally appropriate approaches.
- Current Driver License
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Work for one of Australia's largest Social Purpose organisations
- Supportive culture and team environment
How to Apply
Please include your resume and cover letter that explains how your skills, ability and experience meets the requirements of this advert, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Manon Timmermans at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.