About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 530 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager in the East Region, Victorian Disability Accommodation Supports (VDAS). This role will report directly to the Regional Director – East and will be primarily situated in Canterbury. This role offers a highly sought-after opportunity for career progression within the disability support space.
In this role you will provide leadership and coaching to the disability workforce and will be responsible for management and oversight of a group of disability group homes in the Eastern Melbourne Area. In this role you will be focused on ensuring clients receive a high quality, person centred service that is tailored to meet their individual needs and that this service is provided in the least restrictive environment.
As the successful applicant you will have an amazing opportunity to work in a team environment with various colleagues across VDAS in developing and promoting the STAA model as well as leading houses, staff and most importantly, assisting residents’ transition fully to the NDIS. You will also be responsible for budget management, ongoing complex risk assessment and the development and maintenance of stakeholder relationships.
This portfolio includes seven houses situated in and around Mount Waverley, Box Hill and Blackburn locations.
- Lead service development to enhance opportunities for people with disabilities to achieve their full potential and work actively with community groups or other interest groups as required
- Lead advocacy within the broader community on behalf of clients and their families to support inclusion and participation and a commitment to effective service delivery
- Work with staff to develop outcomes for people with disabilities, including research within the sphere of responsibility
- Explore information relating to health conditions to support greater levels of well-being for people with disabilities and endeavour to ensure appropriate resources and personnel are engaged for these purposes
- Lead and mentor decision making by staff who are managing teams supporting people with disabilities, within specified policies and practice standards
- Make strategic decisions across a large client group within the scope of established policies and practice standards
- Identify required interventions to ensure service quality is maintained and enhanced
Skills & Experience
- Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management or equivalent Disability related qualification
- Level 2 First Aid Certificate
- A thorough knowledge of the Disability Act 2006, modern trends in service provision to people with a disability and the implications for service delivery would be expected
- Authoritative expertise and knowledge in the direct delivery of services to people living with disabilities and related standards across a service or practice area is expected. This includes:
- specialised and contemporary understanding of disability including evidence-based practice principles and an ability to apply this theoretical knowledge to client support
- knowledge of and skill with coaching, supervision and planning practices
- knowledge of complex conditions that impact on disability and the capacity to remain up to date with related developments
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Attractive Remuneration Package with excellent tax benefits
- Regular RDO’s
- Tools of the Trade: Mobile phone, laptop, iPad