About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Reporting to the National Manager, Learning and Development, this role will see you implementing L&D strategies and programs to lift the capability of our disability services workforce to enable them to better serve our clients. This role will provide an exciting challenge for a seasoned manager looking to use their significant L&D experience and capability to work in a dedicated L&D national team, at the same as providing strong input and influence at the local level.
- Provide effective leadership to a small team of L&D professionals
- Work with a range of stakeholders to develop and implement contemporary L&D solutions
- Provide advice and support to managers on the implementation of learning options and opportunities
- Deliver training as required, including leadership and management training
- Engage with stakeholders and use data analysis to scope possible L&D solutions
- Establish, monitor and report on key L&D metrics and performance measures for the L&D team, and Client Services groups
- Develop training solutions in consultation with Subject Matter Experts
- Champion the national and local L&D opportunities and systems across the cohort
Skills & Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification in adult education, psychology, organisational development, human resources, social work or other relevant field OR significant experience in a role where learning and development management is the core activity
- Experience in managing an end-to-end L&D function in a human services context
- Demonstrated experience partnering with internal stakeholders to create sustainable and scalable business solutions
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing a team of L&D professionals
- Demonstrated experience making contributions to the development of strategic directions for L&D which enhance overall business outcomes
- Demonstrated experience managing a large operational training calendar that engages internal and external providers using a variety of delivery modes
- Current Australian Driver's Licence
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Join a national team of L&D professionals
- Great tax benefits through Maxxia
- Monthly rostered day off
- Work with a team passionate about professional development