About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each participant’s individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Based in our Mackay office, this is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to make a positive change in the lives of children and young people in the Out of Home Program. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of Care Plans for children and young people and for providing both direct and indirect support so that they develop a sense of safety, belonging and self-efficacy.
- Develop and implement high quality case plans or individual plans for children and young people in LWB’s care
- Develop and maintain functional and supportive relationships with children and young people in out of home care to promote positive outcomes
- Co-ordinate and line manage Support Workers working with children or young people as part of their care plan goals and activities
- Meet with clients and family members to gather input for case plans and ensure their views are represented
- Participate in on call roster as required
- Support and maintain client welfare and interests o at all times
- Coordinate and support the care team involved in the delivery of the case plan or individual plan
- Ensure compliance with all internal policy and procedure, statutory and contractual requirements in relation to management of service delivery
- Manage communication with key stakeholders, internally and externally
- Support and promote the work of Life Without Barriers, maintaining a positive image of the organisation in accordance with level of position.
- Comply with all Life Without Barriers’ policies, code of conduct, procedures and practices, external funding body requirements and legislation.
- Apply and uphold principles of equity and anti-discrimination in the workplace and adhere to organisational and legislative Health, Safety and Environment requirements.
Skills & Experience
- Degree in Social Work, Social Science, Psychology or Human Services
- Demonstrated understanding of current casework practice for children and young people in Out of Home Care
- Demonstrated experience in working with children and young people in Out of Home Care and Foster Carers
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as part of a care team to support each placement
- Demonstrated ability to develop quality case plans or individual plans that are consistent with appropriate policy and procedures
- Demonstrated capacity to work autonomously in carrying out agreed case plans, or individual plans, for multiple clients simultaneously
- Highly developed analytical skills and the ability to apply these skills in case management
- High level organisation and time management skills, which includes the ability to reorganise work priorities to meet changing demands
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals, families or groups from strengths based culturally appropriate perspective
- The ability to function effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- High level communication, influencing, liaison, negotiation and mediation skills
- Current unrestricted drivers’ licence
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Competitive base salary and excellent NFP tax benefits
- Permanent Full Time Position, monthly RDO and Tool of Trade Vehicle
- Make a difference in the lives of our participants
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA).