- Maximum Term Contract FT October 2021
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
The purpose of the Carer Assessor, Recruitment and Engagement Coordinator - QLD role is to facilitate and complete the recruitment and assessment process of carer applicants and to ensure the assessment process is undertaken in accordance with Life Without Barriers standards and procedures.
The role is responsible for responding to enquiries from prospective carers, maintaining contact during the consideration phase, and conducting initial phone interview/s.
The incumbent will support and guide Carers through required training and as required deliver training modules for carer applicants and approved carers.
- Complete an agreed number of carer assessments per year as per the needs of the local carer recruitment plan
- Schedule and attend home visits and other meetings with carer applicants, their families and referees for the purposes of completing carer assessments
- Recruit Foster Carers to Life Without Barriers from the general community in line with approved carer recruitment strategies, including through advertisements, other media outlets and evening carer information sessions.
- Identify any training requirements, safety concerns or placement issues throughout the assessment process and provide feedback and suggested solutions or recommendations to the care team.
- Throughout the assessment, support and encourage potential carers to apply a reflective, critical thinking analysis of how the caring role will impact on their life, family and other relationships.
- Contribute to the regular corporate review of assessment and review tools and ensure these are focused on children’s outcomes, accord with the CARE model and the standards set by relevant government agencies and oversight bodies
- On-board and train new staff members in the Carer Recruitment and Support System
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience and skill in undertaking child focused assessments in a child and family welfare setting including carer assessments.
- Significant case work experience in the child and family field from strengths based culturally appropriate perspective
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the CARE model of therapeutic care is desirable/ or similar trauma-informed, therapeutic care models or the ability to rapidly acquire it
- Demonstrated experience in managing competing priorities and to deliver outcomes within agreed timeframes and quality standards
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as part of a virtual team
- Ability to identify areas of concern within a foster care and/or disability home based care environment.
- Ability to identify training requirements for foster, kinship and other carers where relevant.
- An understanding of the demands and challenges facing carers in providing care to children and young people, in Out of Home Care placements
- Recognised Social Work qualifications with eligibility for membership of the AASW and/or a Bachelor of Psychology or other relevant qualification with significant case work experience
- Any minimum training requirements under the relevant jurisdiction
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Current unrestricted Drivers Licence
- An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, including trade of tool (vehicle) mobile phone and laptop + non for-profit tax reduction options.
- Supportive team environment
- Salary packaging tax benefits, Meal Entertainment benefit, novated leasing and more
- Growing organisation with great career opportunities
- Monthly RDO
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Carer Assessor, Recruitment & Engagement Coordinator - Townsville enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA).