Lifestart has a proud history spanning over 25 years, providing specialised allied health therapies and support to children and young people living with disability and developmental delay, and their families/carers. We are passionate about and committed to our vision, that all children and young people are able to participate inclusively and meaningfully in their community. To find out more visit www.lifestart.org.au.
About the Role
- Permanent Part Time or Full Time position with L&D focus
- Small caseload plus providing supervision as required
- Above award company benefits and generous salary packaging options
Due to internal promotion, a key senior part time or full time Occupational Therapist opportunity has become available. As the Practice Lead for our occupational therapy team, you will play a pivotal role and be responsible for identifying and developing practice-based skills within our teams and provide mechanisms for supervision, support and mentoring for OT staff. The Practice Lead assists with program innovation and development, and supports strategic priorities and projects relating to learning and development.
Key focus areas of the Occupational Therapy Practice Lead include:
- Provides program and practice based professional leadership
- Coordinates and develops practice-based skills in accordance with industry best practice in consultation with senior management
- Coordinates and develops programs based on best practice in consultation with senior management
- Contributes to the strategic development of a workforce of highly skilled professionals who use evidence-based practices to work effectively with key stakeholders across a range of programs and service delivery models.
What you will bring
- Degree qualification in Occupational Therapy with AHPRA registration
- Minimum of five years’ experience providing therapy and supporting clients with high and complex needs including assessments, assistive technology, therapy programs
- Demonstrated team leadership and/or management experience
- Experience in clinical supervision and mentoring
- Knowledge and skills in working with children, young people and families, with a specific focus on disability, or at risk of developmental and global developmental delays
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant standards and legislation
- Well-developed knowledge of person-centred approaches within family centred practice
- Experience developing learning materials and content e.g. factsheets, guides, videos, online training
- Experience delivering professional development and training
- Hold a current Drivers Licence and access to a registered vehicle to perform the role
- IT skills - Database management, Client Record Management systems, Office 365 programs including Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint. Using online meeting platforms e.g. Microsoft Teams, Zoom
- Strong work ethic and sense of teamwork
- Able to build and maintain collaborative relationships (internal and external)
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including communicating with a range of stakeholders (verbal and written)
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Highly adaptable, and able to work in a constantly changing environment
Successful applicants must hold a valid Working with Children clearance number and successfully undertake pre-employment background checks.
Benefits of joining Lifestart
- Highly reputable for-purpose organisation that provides firsthand experience in making a real difference in the lives of children with disability, their families and carers
- Strong commitment to safety with well-developed Covid Safe practices and regular communications
- Competitive and generous salary, with access to salary packaging and novated leasing, which can increase your take home pay
- Additional and comprehensive employee benefits, well above the national minimum standards
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Ability to work flexibly within the community, office and remotely
- Working alongside experienced, passionate professionals that demonstrate expertise in early childhood intervention
- Opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking, high performing disability organisation
Lifestart welcomes applications from culturally and linguistically diverse candidates, suitably qualified people who may have a disability, lived experience or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
We are not currently accepting introductions from recruiters.
Visit our website www.lifestart.org.au to view the position statement (or see attached) or for any enquiries contact our Recruitment Team on (02) 9364 0131 or firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Occupational Therapist - Practice Lead enquiry via EthicalJobs.