Lifestart is a sector leader in providing supports to children and young people living with disabilities. We have a proud history spanning more than 24 years of providing quality intervention and support to children and young people (0-24 years) living with disability or developmental delay and their families/carers. We are passionate about and committed to our vision, that all children and young people are able to participate inclusively and meaningfully in their community.
About the Role
Lifestart is seeking New Graduate Occupational Therapists to join our dynamic multi-disciplinary team. This is a permanent full-time position supporting clients across Sydney.
This role will primarily see you managing a varied caseload supporting children and young people living with disability and/ or developmental delay and their family/carers. Within a strengths-based framework, you will deliver flexible assessment and therapeutic interventions designed to reach milestones and NDIS plan outcomes in a holistic approach.
Our team works flexibly with clients in a tailored model that may involve providing a mixture of supports online, at Lifestart sites and face to face in homes, schools, and the community.
Some of the role responsibilities include:
- Providing therapy supports to children and young people with developmental delay or disability
- Working closely with children, young people and families to establish person-centred goals that reflect their strengths, interests and needs and their ability to participate inclusively within the wider community
- Conducting assessments and writing functional reports
- Facilitating the development of functional skills within the context of daily routines and activities
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team, sharing your expertise and collaborating with other allied health professionals.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
- Qualification in Occupational Therapy with current AHPRA registration (or pending)
- Relevant experience e.g. student placement or work experience supporting children and young people living with disability
- Experience and/or interest in using person and family centred, strength-based approaches
- Highly organised, and able to work with technology in a changing environment
- Understanding of inclusion, cultural sensitivities and the needs of diverse communities
- Valid Working with Children Check Clearance (or willingness to obtain)
- Successful pre-employment police check
- Hold a current Drivers Licence and access to a registered vehicle to perform the role.
Our Benefits and Culture
Be rewarded by supporting children and young people of all abilities to lead inclusive lives within their community. You will enjoy a culture of collaboration and inclusion where our people are motivated, challenged and recognised for their contribution.
Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Salary packaging and novated leasing options (increases your take home pay)
- Generous leave entitlements
- Flexible working conditions
- Travel allowance
- A supportive team environment
- Targeted clinical supervision opportunities for New Graduates
- Specific training and support to develop key skills within your area of practice
- Support to access professional development
- Career pathways in both clinical and leadership roles.
For further information regarding working with us or to view the position statement please visit www.lifestart.org.au or contact our Recruitment Team on (02) 9364 0111.