Based in Subiaco, this position exists to help individuals in the Western Australian community build their own capacity to understand and self-manage issues that impact on their mental wellbeing.
As the Clinical Lead you will lead a small team to deliver a range of specialist counselling services to clients.
As a Counsellor, you will deliver direct counselling services to individual clients. You will be responsible for the intake, screening, assessment planning, and evaluation processes of the counselling programs and ensure that the service aligns with the contractual objectives, outcomes, and the expectations and individual goals of clients. You will be well supported by management with the duties for this role.
Prior experience in counselling individuals experiencing bereavement, grief and loss will be very highly regarded.
Prior experience in counselling or supporting individuals and families going through separation is also highly valued.
What We Offer
- Supportive team
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 each FBT year
- 4 weeks annual leave, leave loading
- Employee Assistance Program
- 2 Mental Health Days each year
- Monitor and lead ongoing delivery and improvement of a high standard of evidence based care to clients.
- Provide clinical leadership, consultation, and expertise to Counsellors in the delivery of specialist counselling services
- Support and review procedures that reflect and guide the objectives and operations the services ensuring they are embedded through practice
- Optimisation of team functioning including client allocation, intake and assessment, reporting, and delivery to achieve program KPIs
- Facilitation of workshops, where required.
- Delivery of counselling sessions.
- Provide accurate reporting as required reported
- All actions, interactions, and decisions will uphold and promote Lifeline
Specific Job Skills
- Prior leadership experience and supporting a small team or individuals will be very highly valued
- Assessment in mental health
- Experiences and skills in working in grief and loss space, and family separation and support
- Demonstrated ability to work with families of people with a mental health problem
- Presentation and group facilitation skills
- Able to lead, manage and inspire a team to achieve positive client outcomes and meet Program KPIs
Qualifications and Experience
- Ongoing full accreditation under a national counselling registration board. Acceptable accrediting bodies include but are not limited to Australian Counselling Association (ACA) Level 2 or higher, or Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (Clinical Member).
- Relevant qualification in counselling or similar
- Recognised and well demonstrated leadership skills (min 1-2 years in similar role)
- Knowledge and experience in providing culturally appropriate care
- Fully vaccinated Covid-19
- National Police Clearance
- Working With Children Check
- Competence in the use of Microsoft office suite
- Experience in using client management systems and data bases
For enquiries about the role please email Funded Services Manager MatthewNichols@lifelinewa.org.au, using the subject line: Clinical Lead and Counsellor enquiry via EthicalJobs.