Are you a proactive, skilled, flexible team player who wants to make a real difference?
Do you want to work in a forward-thinking workplace where 84% of employees are engaged? And where 97% of staff know how their work contributes to the goals of the organisation? (source: Leisure Networks Staff Survey, Dec 2019).
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to be innovative and to make a real difference to the lives of the people we work with and their families.
The purpose of this position is to provide individualised support to our customers to enable them to transition to a level of independence as outlined in their support program.
- Work with customers to identify new and creative ways to support them to actively pursue their goals, engage with their community and develop their interests
- Collaboratively develop and implement strategies with customers and their support networks that consider their individual needs and goals and increase their level of independence
- Deliver services aligned with The Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (the Charter)
Program Review, Assessment and Reporting
- Actively participate in the development, implementation, monitoring, regular review and reporting of customers programs with key stakeholders which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Determine customer / community risk and prepare assessments
- Review customer records and maintain an understanding of their individual needs and support requirements
- Review customer goals and measure individual progress and document outcomes with customers on a daily basis
- Work collaboratively with all Leisure Networks team members to develop opportunities for our customers
Delivery of Supports
- Provide individualised support, mentoring and guidance for customers to enhance and build new skills through their active participation in various activities
- Actively engage with the people we support in a variety of activities
- Provide behavioural management support
- Supporting customers to engage with community partners and/or stakeholders to achieve a desired outcome
- Assisting people with personal care tasks
Information Management and Communication
- Use Leisure Networks IT systems to keep up to date with organisational information and communication about work related issues
- Attendance and contribution to meetings, scheduled workshops and training opportunities
- Maintain comprehensive customer records, record progress and outcomes towards achieving individualised goals on a daily basis (in SupportAbility)
- Access customer activities and staff schedules through Leisure Networks IT systems and sign off each scheduled session in actual time using a portable IT device
- Work under general direction from Team Leaders, contributing to the development of work methods and setting of outcomes, within the clear objectives of the organisation
- Set outcomes and further develop work methods where general work procedures are not defined
- Exercise judgement and contribute critical knowledge and skills where procedures are not clearly defined
- Deliver work plan goals which are developed in conjunction with Team Leader / Manager
- Abide by Leisure Networks Code of Conduct, trademark behaviours and LN policies and work practices
- Ensure that management are immediately informed of any customer issues that arise and ensure appropriate reporting mechanisms have been followed