We have vacancies for additional disability advocates in our team, providing a diverse range of individual advocacy activities.
As an individual advocate you will:
- Engage with people with disabilities and providing information regarding their rights, entitlements and participation in community
- Develop advocacy plans to identify goals, strategies and desired outcomes and implementing the advocacy plan with a genuine commitment to the person
- Attend meetings with clients either virtually or potentially travelling to meetings primarily in Melbourne area - currently the majority of the activity is working from home, this may change
- Provide resources to individuals or groups to facilitate their own self-advocacy efforts
- Promote a positive image of people with disabilities
- Manage a caseload and maintain relevant client records and data for use in reports and systemic advocacy
- Participating in regular intake meetings, team planning, staff meetings and systemic work
Queries to email@example.com using the subject line: Disability Advocates enquiry via EthicalJobs or call us at (03) 9489 2999.
A position description is attached.