- Job posted on: 25th Feb 2021
- Applications close:
Located in Morwell, part-time (46.5 hours per fortnight), permanent
At Latrobe Community Health Service you’ll be part of a positive and passionate workplace. We’re dedicated to providing you with career opportunities through work that is rewarding and meaningful within the community.
The theme and vision for Behavioural Health Programs (BHP) is to provide holistic, client-centred therapeutic and recovery services to support people with a broad range of issues to reach and maintain optimal well-being.
The community health nurse will report operationally to the LCHS Manager Behavioural Health Programs, they will also have access to a state-wide Coordinator who will provide governance and leadership support.
The MDC community health nurse will practice within the social model of health, providing identification of needs, care planning and referral to appropriate services providers. The community health nurse will provide short to medium term care and provide an important link with other health and community services. The role also includes providing education, raising awareness, service promotion and development of local networks of care. They will also partner with other providers to assist with quality improvement and service planning activities for survivors of sexual assault and family violence.
1. Registered Nurse with current AHPRA registration.
2. Current Victorian driver licence.
3. Current Working with Children’s Check.
1. Qualifications and/or experience in primary health, community health, health education, case management or women's health
2. Family violence training
3. Mental health first aid training
4. Experience working with individuals impacted by trauma
5. Additional relevant nursing qualifications in sexual and reproductive health
For more information please contact Paula Gibb, Manager, Behavioural Health Programs on 1800 242 696.
At Latrobe Community Health Service we want to help you get back to what matters. To see the full position description and to apply, click the Apply Now button.