About us …
KWY is a leading South Australian Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation and Not For Profit Organisation. KWY has developed a highly specialised suite of programs focusing on positive outcomes for Aboriginal families and Communities. KWY is a rapidly growing organisation. You will have the opportunity to be part of a unique and growing organisation that offers competitive remuneration.
KWY’s priority is promoting the safety and welfare of women and children. We aim to improve the safety of women and children by providing specialist knowledge and culturally appropriate services to break the cycle of domestic violence and stem the flow of Aboriginal children into the child protection system.
About the position…
We are seeking an Administration Officer, who will be is responsible for a range of functions to make sure the administration activities within the organisation run smoothly. The Administrator Officer is responsible for file management, induction and exiting of staff, human resources, daily admin emails and calls, staff travel, event management, procedure development, meeting minutes, and records.
As an Administration Officer with KWY, you will administer work improvement initiatives, and time management skills. It is also an essential element of this position to also have a strong communication skill to insure the day to day liaison with participants and relevant government and non-government stakeholders, relevant to the delivery of the projects.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Answer admin emails and calls,
- coordinate activities of staff conduct orientation programs for new employees,
- be involved in staff training and development,
- preparation of job descriptions, staff assessments and promotions,
- maintain management information systems (manual or computerised),
- provide and maintain business premises and other facilities,
- review and answer correspondence,
- manage insurances,
- manage car fleet,
- coordinate events and conferences,
- provide secretarial or executive services for committees.
The successful applicant will possess skills, experience and knowledge in working in administration office environments. You will need to have:
- Demonstrated experience working in administration office environments
- Excellent computer literacy with Microsoft applications including word and outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to cope with a variety of tasks and meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to approach with sound work ethics and reliability
- Australian Driver's License
- Must hold a current or be able to obtain the following: DHS Working with Children Check, Working with Vulnerable Person’s Check and National Police Check.
- Must hold or be willing to obtain and keep current, Child Safe Environments Training (Through Their Eyes).
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 2.1 – 3.4 under the SCHCADS award;
- Salary range is $58,000-$68,000plus 10% superannuation;
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through CBB which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Competitive remuneration
- Salary packaging tax benefits, meal entertainment benefit, novated leasing and more.
- Fantastic workplace culture
- Strong values-based organisation
- Excellent professional development options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Growing organisation with great career opportunities
- Work in a caring & collaborative team environment with people who are passionate about delivering a good service that supports the community.