An opportunity for an experienced Quality Evaluation Advisor has become available in our organisation to support the Strategic Engagement team. The role may be based in our Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne or Perth offices.
knowmore is a nation-wide, free and independent mainstream community legal centre providing legal information, advice, representation and referrals, education and systemic advocacy for victims and survivors of child abuse.
knowmore uses a multidisciplinary model bringing together intake officers, lawyers, social workers and counsellors, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander engagement advisors and financial counsellors to provide trauma-informed, client-centred and culturally safe legal assistance to clients. Services are provided through a national phone line and face-to-face services in key locations, supported by a comprehensive program of outreach and community engagement across Australia. knowmore currently has offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth.
The Quality and Evaluation Adviser has a central role in leading and developing effective quality, monitoring and evaluation systems and processes across knowmore’s range of services and operations, including project activities.
The role will manage and oversee specific quality, monitoring and evaluation projects, working with relevant managers and preparing outcome reports.
The role will also contribute significantly to building capacity and enhancing a culture of quality, monitoring and evaluation across the knowmore team and an evidence-based approach to informing and improving the delivery of services and achieving and communicating knowmore’s strategic and operational aims.
The Quality and Evaluation Adviser will work collaboratively with the knowmore executive and management teams, and will work closely with the Business Intelligence Analyst role, which leads knowmore’s data reporting activities, and the Communications and Law Reform teams.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with managers and staff across knowmore, providing advice and support, to lead the development and enhancement of quality, monitoring and evaluation systems and processes across all aspects of knowmore’s operations.
- Lead program/theory-of-change processes and the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans, frameworks and tools for the collection of qualitative and quantitative data to inform knowmore’s operations.
- Lead the implementation of a service-wide outcomes framework.
- Develop project plans and guide quality, monitoring and evaluation projects to meet objectives, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the engagement and management of any external evaluation projects, including liaison with external consultants and coordinating processes and information provision to support such projects and the production of independent evaluation reports.
- Support, encourage and build capacity across the knowmore team to integrate quality and evaluation processes and approaches into ongoing services and operations, through e.g. developing key outcomes, designing evaluation activities and fostering the use of evaluation findings to continuously improve services.
- In consultation with other staff, prepare high-quality evaluation, statistical and other reports to communicate outcomes and information, for internal and external publication.
- Undertake other relevant projects and duties as required from time to time.
- This role will involve regular interstate and intrastate travel to other knowmore offices and other locations. Ability to travel is essential and a current driver’s license is desirable.
Location & Hours
- The roles may be based in our Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne or Perth.
- Part-time hours (22.5 hours per week)
- This position is Fixed Term Contract until 30 June 2021 - subject to extension upon the renewal of the funding of the knowmore service.
- Expertise in monitoring and evaluating programs and projects in a complex human services environment, using program logic/theory of change methods and techniques and involving both quantitative and qualitative outcomes.
- Strong project management skills including including demonstrated ability in project development, resourcing, management and evaluation; priority setting and managing workflows; and the ability to work independently.
- Experience building collaborative working relationships with a range of internal colleagues across different disciplines to develop supportive processes, engagement in evaluation, evaluation capacity development and commitment to using evaluation findings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to produce high quality reports, convey complex data and findings in an accessible format and convert findings into to practical advice.
- Knowledge and understanding (or the ability to rapidly acquire same) of legal and related issues affecting knowmore’s clients, community legal assistance service frameworks and government legislative and policy programs relevant to knowmore’s services.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline.
A competitive salary commensurate with the not for profit sector is offered together with the availability of salary packaging to achieve a tax effective total salary package. In addition to being a flexible workplace, knowmore offers 10% superannuation (0.5%above the SGC), a 37.5 -hour working week and 4 weeks annual leave, including annual leave loading.
Further Information about knowmore is available at www.knowmore.org.au.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would be interested, please apply now via Ethical Jobs.