We are recruiting an early-career Consultant to work in our education practice, consulting to a range of clients nationally. Working closely with Knowledge Society’s Education Practice Lead, the Consultant will contribute to the design, development and implementation of initiatives that improve educational performance in Australian schools and education systems.
The role is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for a first step into a consulting career. The role will give you a broad range of experience in working on complex projects with diverse clients and initiatives. Knowledge Society will support the right candidate in learning our methods and techniques, however the candidate should also come with existing professional skills that are relevant to this role.
We are looking for an excellent communicator who has a thirst for knowledge and an interest in social impact, particularly equity in education.
- Ability to deliver evidence curation – This means excellent discernment for which research is important and the ability to synthesise different strands of evidence into a meaningful, coherent narrative for change, tailored for different audiences.
- Good writing skills including the ability to write for different audiences
- Capacity to do design development for online and other program formats
- Confident verbal communication and some facilitation skills – We are able to develop your knowledge of facilitation processes and techniques, but we require somebody who can confidently talk in front of a room full of senior education leaders
- Ability to manage work on multiple projects concurrently, to be realistic about timeframes for delivery and to communicate well with senior staff
- Naturally curious – This means that you read broadly, ask intelligent questions and are constantly learning.
- Natural aptitude for client engagement – This means you can preempt client needs, can negotiate, persuade and remain attentive to the upcoming needs of the project.
- Human centred design - Interest in or some exposure to human centred design, design solutions, service design and agile ways of working
- Consulting or social research skills – You may have a background in either general consulting or social research methods, measurement and evaluation of design research.
Please see the attached Job Description for further information including salary and duties and responsibilities.