- Lead Kids First's coaching and training packages as part of the School Readiness funding menu
- Share your expertise and grow the capability of educators state-wide
- Fixed-Term (2 years)
- Thomastown based (Wurundjeri Country)
With a proud history and a progressive mindset, Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne. We are at the forefront of responding to community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 120 years of service.
In an Australian first, $55.3 million in school readiness funding is being progressively rolled out across Victoria, amounting to a 10 per cent boost to total kindergarten funding by 2021. As part of the funding, kindergartens can select Kids First to coach and train their educators to support children's social and emotional development.
If you want to make an impact and share your practice expertise through coaching and training others; this pivotal role is for you.
In leading our school readiness offering you will:
- Tailor training and coaching packages for kindergarten services, based on Kids First's trauma-informed practice and early childhood expertise
- Provide clinical support and advice to teachers and educators to build safe and supportive learning environments for children to enhance their social and emotional readiness for school
- Provide reflective practice and debriefing of early childhood staff to understand the impact of their own emotional regulation as vital to providing a safe and supportive learning environment.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To hold a Certificate IV in Training & Assessment and a qualification in Early Childhood Education. A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or Teaching would be desirable.
- At least five years' experience in providing high quality, complex case management to children, youth and families in the context of violence or abuse and trauma.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in providing high quality education and training programs, focused on trauma informed models and practice, across the Child and Family Welfare or Early Learning sectors.
- Proven ability to work autonomously, use initiative and take responsibility appropriately with a high level of emotional intelligence. To be able to think on your feet.
As a member of the Kids First team you will:
- Be part of a collaborative and outcomes focused culture of an independent, not-for-profit organisation that has a legacy of more than 120 years community service
- Take home an attractive salary with the option to salary package to increase take home pay
- Have access to flexible work options and our staff wellbeing program
- Portable long service leave.
Only applications submitted via our website will be considered.
Please include a Cover letter outlining the position title and response addressing the selection criteria & a copy of the Curriculum Vitae which must list two professional referees. To view full Position Description or to apply, please visit the Kids First website by clicking Apply Now.
For enquiries about the position:
Phone number: 0475 959 256