- Classification: SCHADS Award - Level 3
- Conditions: Part-time until 30 June 2022, 14 hours per week
This unique role is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the GROW on the Go program, Kevin Heinze Grow’s flagship social enterprise. The program provides training and pathways to employment in garden maintenance for young people with a disability through the delivery of gardening services to local clients.
An essential aspect of this role is an ability to work well in a positive and energetic manner in order to ensure positive outcomes for program participants through modelling appropriate workplace behaviour.
- Coordination and delivery of the GROW on the Go program;
- Leading a team of program participants to provide the delivery of professional and efficient garden maintenance services to paying customers;
- Providing training and development to program participants which incorporates teaching all aspects of planning, garden maintenance, modelling workplace behaviours, customer service and basic business administration;
- Ongoing evaluation of the program;
- Assessment and induction of new program participants and volunteers;
- Developing pathways to employment for program participants;
- Support program participants to achieve their goal of employment in the field of garden maintenance, and other goals as relevant;
- Working with the senior leadership team to ensure the maintenance and ongoing improvement of the program model and to develop the business;
- Working as part of a cooperative multidisciplinary team;
- Supervision of junior staff, students and/or volunteers;
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sense of humour
- Empathy and warmth
Key Selection Criteria
- Proven ability to coordinate and develop programs;
- Business development skills;
- Garden maintenance skills;
- Understanding of disability;
- Capacity to provide effective training, mentoring and support to program participants;
- Capacity to develop pathways to employment for program participants;
- Capacity to build effective customer relationships;
- Highly developed communication skills;
- Highly developed organisational skills;
- Demonstrated capacity to make timely and appropriate decisions;
- Ability to successfully work as a member of a multidisciplinary team in a complex work environment;
- Computer literacy.
- Qualifications in a training, education, horticulture or allied health.
Drivers Licence, Police Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme participation and Working With Children Check.
Queries can be made by email to email@example.com, using the subject line: Coordinator - GROW on the Go enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.