We are seeking an experienced health promotion person to lead and co-ordinate our General Practice (GP) Cancer Education Program.
Who we are
At Cancer Council Western Australia we believe that every day is an opportunity to beat cancer. We work with our community to reduce the incidence and impact of cancer. We do this through advocacy, research, education, and providing people affected by cancer with support to enhance their quality of life.
Tell me more
As the GP Cancer Education Coordinator you will develop and coordinate strategic and educational initiatives aimed at supporting and expanding the role of both General Practice and the Primary Care sector in cancer control issues in WA.
Your other main responsibilities will be:
- Identify and develop resources to support General Practice
- Coordinate professional development education opportunities for General Practice
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with General Practice stakeholders
- Review, implement and evaluate innovative approaches to GP education
Who are you?
To be successful in this role you will have the following key attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in health, education or behavioural/social sciences
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience working with health/medical professionals
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including public speaking and report writing
- Ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the values of Cancer Council WA
- Actively foster the development of a culture consistent with the values of Cancer Council WA
Based in Subiaco, this position is a part-time fixed-term until 31/12/20 with an FTE of 0.8.
In this role you will enjoy:
- Working amongst leaders in cancer prevention
- A collaborative and supportive team culture
- Benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card