- Casual position
- Level 2
- $34.18 per hour
Kyabra Community Association Inc. is a community-based organisation that is committed to strengthening individual, family and community life. We are based in Runcorn and we are looking for workers who can support our clients who are primarily based on the south side of Brisbane. However, having the ability to work in any location in Brisbane, Logan, Ipswich and Redlands is highly valued.
We are seeking supportive, reliable, highly motivated Support Workers to work alongside community members who have a range of differing needs, including people with a disability, mental health concern and children in care. You may be supporting an individual in their own home or on community outings. Multiple positions available for male and female workers.
- Certificate III in Individual Support/ Disability Support (or equivalent) or experience and willing to enrol in a Certificate III (students studying in a relevant degree such as Human Services, Allied Health, Nursing, Exercise/Sports Science or Social Work will be considered)
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence
- Roadworthy/registered vehicle and willingness to use to transport participants
- Blue Card and Yellow Card
- LCS2 -Working with Children in care (we can assist you to apply)
- First Aid and CPR is mandatory prior to commencing work
- Completion of NDIS Worker Orientation Module is mandatory, prior to commencing work
- Must be available at least 20 hours per week minimum, evening and weekend availability
- You will be required to complete modules of online training prior to commencement, if successful
- If you have a passion but no prior experience please submit your resume for consideration and we can discuss training
What we are seeking in our Support Workers:
- Fantastic dedicated individuals committed to the best outcomes for the people they support
- Flexibility and the ability to work afternoons and weekends
- Ability to promote independence, choice and build capacity
- Commitment to social justice
- Experience in working with people with a disability particularly with complex situations/needs
- Willingness to provide assistance with personal care, light domestic duties and meal preparation
- Willingness to do two hour shifts
Why work for Kyabra?
- Above award wages (Kyabra Enterprise Agreement 2012 Level 2) - $34.18 per hour and penalty rates
- Family friendly work environment
- A range of practice and professional development opportunities
- Supportive team environment who are dedicated to providing quality support to participants
- Opportunity to progress to permanent part-time employment
- Flexible work hours
- A variety of interesting shifts where no day is the same
- Paid induction training and Team Meetings
- This is a great position for students to gain on the job, real world practical experience. Kyabra are flexible in relation to university commitments and placements
- Potential to access salary sacrifice
If you love being challenged and seek a personally fulfilling role in an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of others, then this may be the job for you.
For more information, refer to the position description.