- 4 days per week
- Child, Youth and Family Team
- 2 Positions Available
Karabi Community & Development Services Inc.
Karabi has supported children, young people, individuals, families, seniors and the community for close to thirty four years through our three community centres based at Blacktown, Constitution Hill and Wentworthville, and outreach into surrounding areas. Our NDIS program is 5 years strong and support participants across Western Sydney.
The Youth Worker Role will provide case management, support, and community engagement activities aimed at delivering best outcomes for young people, their families or carers and their communities.
- Develop Community Connections activity and programs that engage the community, involve sector planning, sector coordination, provide education and skills development, information and referral and encourage social participation.
- Provide a Community Hub for the community to engage in programs and activities, education and skills development, information, referral and advice and take part in social participation.
- Provide Community Support through advocacy and support, education and skills development, information and referral and social participation.
- Provide Targeted Support through case management to young people and their families or carers.
- Actively engage and support Aboriginal Children, Families and Communities by initiating and/ or facilitating Aboriginal activities to promote social participation and healing through the development of greater connection to Aboriginal culture, language and traditions.
- Ensure a Safe, Healthy and Supportive workplace operates for all employees, volunteers, students and Management Committee members of Karabi Community & Development Services Inc.
- A relevant tertiary Degree or Diploma qualification in Social or Community Studies, and experience in child, family and community service provision.
- Demonstrated understanding of Targeted Early Intervention (TEI) Program.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake community based research, collate data for the purpose of evaluation and high level of computer skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and experience in person centred, strength based, trauma informed child, family and community development practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the project management of community activities and programs, inclusive of design, implementation, budgeting, evaluation and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster relationships with a range of stakeholders, to effectively work with people from different ages/ gender groups, people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds.
- Experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, families and communities.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in facilitating parent education programs.
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- A current driver’s license and comprehensively insured car.
- Demonstrated qualifications in facilitating parent education programs.
- Experience in working with Young People.
- Understanding of CHSP – Commonwealth Home Support Program for Seniors
- Understanding of NDIS – National Disability Support Scheme
A position description and application package is attached.
For more information contact Vicki on P 02 9631 6575 or email@example.com using the subject line: Youth Workers x2 - Child, Youth and Family Team enquiry via EthicalJobs.