DJA is a specialist advocacy organisation with over 30 years’ experience funded by the Commonwealth Department of Social Services to provide advocacy services to people with ongoing support needs associated with disability under three separate programs.
1. National Disability Advocacy Program (NDAP)
The disability advocacy support provided by DJA under the NDAP is Individual, Legal and Systemic Advocacy. See www.dja.org.au for more information
2. NDIS Appeals Support
The disability advocacy support is provided by DJA to NDIS Participants in navigating the NDIS Appeals process who live the North East Melbourne Area are:
- Rejection as an NDIS Participant
- Internal Review of an NDIA decision
- Administrative Appeals Tribunal appeals against a decision by the NDIA
3. Disability Royal Commission (DRC)
The disability advocacy support is provided by DJA to people with disability who wish to engage with the DRC for:
- Assistance to prepare and lodge a submission to the DRC
- Assistance to prepare for and appear at a Public Hearing or private session with the DRC
- Assistance to prepare for and appear at a DRC Community Forum
The position has three primary objectives:
- To provide quality advocacy to people with disability under the NDAP, NDIS Appeals and DRC funded programs described above in accordance with DJA policies and procedures
- To provide referrals and information to people with disability, their family members and service providers who are ineligible to receive advocacy under the three funded programs described above or who require services for which we are not funded.
- To provide quality systemic advocacy to achieve outcomes that accord with the DJA Values Statement.
See Position Description for further details.
- Applications close at 5.00 pm on Friday 23 April 2021
- Applicants will be shortlisted for Interview on Monday 26 April 2021
- Interviews will be conducted on Wednesday 28 April 2021 and the successful applicant will be provided with an offer of employment the following day subject to referee checks.
- Formal induction will commence on Friday 30 April 2021 followed by a hand over of clients with the advocate taking leave.
- The contracted position will commence on Monday 03 May 2021 when the formal induction is complete.
Call 03 94740077 during working hours for further information or refer to our website at www.dja.org.au
A position description is attached.