Melba Support Services are a not-for-profit community organisation that provides supports to people with disabilities. Their Purpose is to open up a world of opportunities for people to live a fabulous life.
Reporting to the Chief Outcomes Officer, responsible for 11 direct reports and being a key contributor to the Executive team, you will provide leadership to the Central Highlands and Wimmera region which comprises Ballarat, Horsham and Nhill with a portfolio income of $35M. Adopting a holistic, person-centred approach you will support transition from traditional models of funding to the NDIS and ensure the subsequent growth of a broad range of individualised supports and services across the region, optimising overall performance ensuring the continued success of Melba in supporting people to live fantastic lives of their choosing.
Reporting to the Chief Outcomes Officer you will:
- Review and establish continuous improvement processes for merged and transferred services within the region
- Lead, communicate and promote the Melba Strategic Plan
- Develop and implement a Regional Strategic Plan
- Ensure Strategic Action Plans are proactively addressed and completed successfully
- Review, log and strategically respond to risks arising from strategy, business development, individualised support, OHS&W and workforce management
- Engage and proactively lead and manage a remote workforce
- Regular reporting on progress of Strategic Action Plan (Employees & Board of Management)
- Attend industry and local community events to engage and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Develop a positive relationship with the community and identify gaps in regional support offerings
You’ll be driven and show genuine passion for building capability within your team. In addition, you:
- are a natural leader; modelling a positive attitude, professional conduct and unwavering commitment to quality outcomes and service delivery for staff, individuals with disability and the community
- possess a strong working knowledge of relevant disability legislation, behaviour support practices and service management
- enjoy leading and managing a high performing team and accept responsibility and accountability
- You are pragmatic at analysing and managing risk
- possess the ability to delegate effectively
- are an articulate, clear communicator with a high level of literacy.
- are self-motivated, well organised and resourceful
- possess a high level of drive, passion and reliability
- are an advocate for independence with a human rights focus
- have a positive track record strategically supporting teams to improve the lives of people with complex presentations including intellectual disabilities, complex health and physical disabilities
- will possess a relevant qualification in Disability or equivalent
The General Manager, Outcomes position is offered on a permanent basis at a competitive salary plus superannuation and vehicle allowance. In addition, you will be able to access attractive PBI/NFP salary packaging. Also an option for hybrid remote working. Laptop and Mobile phone included.
To confidentially discuss this role further, please feel free to call Alex Cooper from Johnson Recruitment on 0466903706.