We're Hiring – Social Media and Digital Communications Officer.
JFA Purple Orange is on the hunt for a social media savvy communicator to help us grow, engage, and connect with our network.
About The Organisation
JFA Purple Orange is a social-profit organisation working to create a world where people who live with disability get a fair go at everything life has to offer.
Our activities include: providing information services to the disability community; supporting the emergence and maintenance of peer networks; providing capacity-building opportunities to the disability community; conducting research and developing policy proposals; delivering consultations to inform government policy; telling the stories of people living with disability; and delivering government-funded programs.
This role will also provide support to JFA Purple Orange’s partner agencies, including Stretchy Tech, inHousing and Julia Farr MS Mcleod Benevolent Fund.
About the Role…
This is an exciting role for the right person with lots of opportunity for growth and creativity.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Execution of ongoing digital marketing and social media across a wide range of channels
- Plan and write compelling copy for newsletters, social media, brochures, websites etc
- Create and curate engaging accessible content
- Develop and grow online engagement, ensuring appropriate tone, aesthetic and accessibility of content
- Monitor and track social media activity, providing powerful analytics and reporting
- Website development and maintenance
- Provide video production support to the Leader of Media Production, including pre-production research, bookings and on the day support with equipment.
If interested, there is also opportunity to create/develop podcast and video skills.
Does this sounds like you…
- A deeply felt-value base in support of improving the life chances for people living with disability, especially in respect of choice and inclusion.
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram and paid social advertising tools, tactics and strategies
- A creative and innovative flair
- You will be proficient in your ability to report on performance and analytics of each platform and have a strong analytic mind
- You are willing to assist with video production, including carrying and moving equipment such as lights and cameras. Previous video experience is not essential.
The ability to prioritise and manage a workload is essential, as you will have a diverse range of tasks and responsibilities.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role
- A relevant tertiary qualification in communications, media studies or a related discipline is desirable
- Proven ability to monitor and report on digital analytics with a focus on making recommendations to ensure ongoing improvements
- Experience using Google Analytics
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative suite; Experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere and Audition highly regarded
- Solid knowledge and experience in Facebook Ads
- Ability and experience with developing, delivering and implementing engaging paid and organic social media campaigns
- Sound problem solving capabilities, the ability to work independently, determine and prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
The role is offered on a full-time basis; reduced hours are possible. People with lived experience of disability are encouraged to apply.
For more information about Purple Orange visit www.purpleorange.org.au.
A Position Description is attached.