- 0.6 FTE
- Work Type/s: Flexible, Part Time (3 Days / Week). Must be able to come into the office a minimum of 2 days per week and may be required out-of-hours for conference calls.
- Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP), Environment & Conservation
- Location: Taronga Zoo, Sydney.
About Jane Goodall Institute Australia (JGIA)
JGIA is small, non-profit with a globally recognised brand currently going through a strong period of growth. This is a wonderful opportunity to be part of a dynamic, passionate and diverse team. Continuing the vision of Dr. Jane Goodall (world-renowned, ethologist, conservationist and UN Messenger of Peace) our Philosophy is centred on the interconnectedness of Animals, People and the Environment. Our Purpose is to “inspire actions that connect people with animals and our shared environment”.
Founded in 2007, we focus on our Roots & Shoots youth program across Australia and our Africa Programs addressing the conservation of great apes, their habitats and surrounding communities.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced and committed part-time (3 days per week) Communications and Marketing manager to contribute to the growth of the organisation.
As our Communications and Marketing Manager, you will manage internal and external communications to encourage acquisition and retention of donors, partners, volunteers and other third parties. You enjoy working across multiple platforms and managing volunteers to achieve results and share our social impact. You will also be responsible for content production across various channels, marketing materials, newsletters and annual fundraising appeals with the aim of growing our database and increasing revenue. The role will work very closely with the COO, volunteers and other members of the JGIA team.
A full description of the role is provided here.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver the annual communications plan to raise awareness of JGIA and its local, national and international work
- Develop execute fundraising campaigns and communications strategies across multiple channels (e.g. social media, direct communications, web marketing, e-communications, print, media)
- Manage the website including content, digital strategy, analytics, administration and supplier management.
- Oversee brand management in line with international JGI chapters
- Work with other JGI chapters to create and execute global campaigns
- Communicate with Board Members and Partners to achieve strategic objectives
- Develop and execute appropriate internal communications via Workplace or other channels
- Lead the creation of content and collateral for use across multiple channels (copy, graphics, video)
- Manage volunteer Social Media team to create and distribute content
- Delegate tasks to and provide support for volunteers, if necessary, in order to conduct marketing campaigns
- Coordinate monthly e-newsletters and write pieces as necessary
- Support organisational business development through the creation of resources and materials
- Use analytics to measure, evaluate and report against goals and performance of digital marketing activity and plans
- Co-manage the database and fundraising and communications records
This role is for you if you:
- Are passionate about working for a purpose driven company having a huge positive impact in the world
- Thrive in roles where you can be independent and take self-initiative and prioritise, but work harmoniously in a small, tight-knit team
- Enjoy building relationships and liaising with others to get things done well and in a time-efficient manner
- Are willing to be adaptable and flexible within your role and roll up your sleeves when required (an inevitable part of a small charity)
- Enjoy learning new things
- Are responsible, mature and organised and value accountability and transparency
- Have strong people and operational skills and are keen to help an organisation grow by building upon strong foundations
Skills and Experience Criteria
- Minimum 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Understanding of social media trends
- Experience implementing scalable supporter and customer journeys
- Experience in business development, partnerships or sharing impacts of social change
- A strong sense of aesthetic and ideally, graphic design skills
- Technical knowledge across a wide range of tech platforms and willingness to learn
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational skills and exceptional writing skills
- A ‘can do’ attitude and enthusiasm for working in a team
- A personal interest in animal welfare, environmental conservation and community education and action