Who are we?
Islamic Relief Australia (IRAUS) works within the Islamic Relief federation to deliver high-quality aid and development projects in line with our aims of alleviating suffering and ending poverty and inequality for all people around the world.
We are a non-proselytising, non-sectarian faith-based NGO. Our Islamic values of compassion, excellence, social justice, custodianship and sincerity inspire the work we do and informs our organisational culture.
We are a small, dynamic team based in Auburn, Western Sydney with a fundraising and awareness-raising focus. We are proud to be an Australian NGO, and work to uphold the ACFID Code of Conduct and work within DFAT compliance requirements.
We are proud to be a child-safe organisation and require all staff to oblige by our Child Protection Code of Conduct.
Who are we looking for?
Islamic Relief Australia (IRAUS) is heading in an exciting new direction with program impact at the heart of our work and values. We need a strong leader to join us in significantly growing and strengthening the Programs Department in multiple directions.
If you are agile and flexible, technically knowledgeable and experienced, a great prioritise and team leader, and are excited by this opportunity to lead a team through a period of significant growth and change, we want to hear from you.
- Oversee the Programs Department through a period of significant change and growth in both the international and domestic spaces.
- Lead the development and implementation of a Programs Strategy in line with IRAUS’ 2021 and beyond Strategy and new Monitoring and Evaluation framework.
- Manage the Programs Department annual budgets and operational plans.
- Oversee a significant portfolio of humanitarian and development projects across the Middle East, Africa and Asia and ensuring programmatic coherency and quality across the board.
- Strengthen systems, policies and frameworks to ensure all IRAUS’ projects and programs attain the highest standards of best practice as defined by ACFID and DFAT.
- Manage the programs team, including upskilling staff within the team to ensure the culture of learning, growth and technical excellence.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with prospective institutional donors and consortia funding opportunities.
The Successful Candidate must have (selection criteria):
- Significant previous experience in a similar role.
- Tertiary education is relevant to the sector (postgraduate qualifications will be highly regarded).
- Significant managerial experience and a successful track record of managing departments to achieve strategic objectives and operational targets.
- Extensive experience in managing international humanitarian or development projects through the project life cycle.
- Significant previous experience and technical knowledge of project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning.
- Previous experience successfully applying for institutional funds and working with institutional donors.
- Previous experience working within the ACFID code of conduct is desirable and previous experience with the Department of Foreign Affairs ANCP program will be highly regarded.
- Willingness to travel to the Middle East (excluding Syria), Asia, Africa and Europe multiple times a year.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills as well as good knowledge and respect of the Islamic faith and values.
Islamic Relief (IR) promotes equality and meritocracy and seeks individuals who agree with the IR values together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct. We will carry out screening checks and will take out references on your behalf if you are selected.
Please note, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in Australia.
A position description is attached.