First Nations Media Australia (FNMA) is the national peak body for the First Nations media and communications industry. The Communications Officer will support regular communications from the peak body to the sector and its stakeholders, as well communications support for projects and events.
We are seeking a candidate with:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Good computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft programs
- Working knowledge of electronic mail and website software preferred
- At least two years of social media management experience
- A good eye for graphic design and presentation
Key functions will include:
- Implementing the FNMA Communications Strategy including; monthly newsletters, quarterly stakeholder updates, AGM & membership notifications, webinar & meeting notifications and social media updates
- Expanding FNMA’s social media reach and channels
- Continuing and expanding the ‘Our Media Matters’ sector awareness campaign
- Supporting the Member Services Officer to for membership engagement communications
- Managing and expanding FNMA’s media and email contact databases
- Supporting project staff to promote inDigiMOB and indigiTUBE activities
- Promote FNMA events and activities, including coordinating media interviews
- Prepare and distribute press releases for events and activities
- Design and layout of key communication documents (eg. reports, communiques)
- Coordinate production of written materials such as the Annual Report, membership and event collateral
- Update and maintain FNMA website content
- Oversee the implementation of FNMA contracted communications duties
- Contribute to industry communication forums on behalf of FNMA (eg. liaising with Communications Officers in other organisations, coordinating campaign implementation for shared objectives with stakeholders)
Hours & Salary:
Part-time – 0.8 including 0.2 FTE dedicated to indigiTUBE communications and 0.2 FTE dedicated to inDigiMOB and 0.4 FTE dedicated to First Nations Media Australia peak body operations. There is potential for this role to increase to a full-time position pending funding in July.
Working remotely with a two-week induction period in Alice Springs.
$78,000 pro rata + superannuation + leave entitlements (5 weeks annual leave) + salary sacrificing options + phone/internet allowance.